Tuning a m8

cobranick

Mar 4, 2019
Is there anyone on here that has tuned there own m8? I come from the car world of big stuff3, holley dominator, and now fuel tech. I have a thunder max in my 18 sgs with just a stage 2 which is pretty much the usual bolt on and a 22x cam. Before I step up to a big bore next yr I wanted to learn or have a better understanding of the timing tables for the m8. Do tuners every play with those tables as they add power? Or most of them just focus on getting afr correct and leave the timing tables as they came from the factory? If we have the brains on this forum let's talk about it. Im going to be hooking the laptop up soon and looking at what fuelmoto has in there, as they are the ones that tuned it. I dont want to continue to throw money at a dyno if I can learn this in my own. Im sure I could start reading plugs if it comes to that. It would be nice for people to chime in that have experience and ones that don't like myself. Maybe we can all learn something. Or just post a pic of your timing tables if you have access like I do with the thundermax.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Factory timing tables allow for putting regular octane fuel in the bike on occasion. If you carry octane booster for cases when you can't fill with premium, then you can probably increase the spark timing. The M8 has real knock sensors, so set your tuner data recorder to record those and the ignition timing along with the usual set of data channels. Increasing timing 'till you have knock events and then backing off a few degrees is the best you are going to do with road tuning. Tune your VE tables first.

On a load controlled dyno, they can tune timing for best torque without knock but it is a lot of work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave