upgrade 2008 stock radio and speakers

Steviedan

Aug 5, 2019
any help / input for an old man, changing out stock radio on 2008 SG, and trying to spend around $600.00 to $700.00 for upgrade if that will get me started. Removing air temp gauge and volt gauge for horns and upgrading 5" to what ever is best today, (that probably changes daily). Any input on this upgrade for me would be greatly appreciated, just a low tech red neck here, but certainly wanting better audio as we all do I guess. thanks in advance,

any help / input for an old man, changing out stock radio on 2008 SG, and trying to spend around $600.00 to $700.00 for upgrade if that will get me started. Removing air temp gauge and volt gauge for horns and upgrading 5" to what ever is best today, (that probably changes daily). Any input on this upgrade for me would be greatly appreciated, just a low tech red neck here, but certainly wanting better audio as we all do I guess. thanks in advance,

Will look to see what people have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diamond amp, DD audio horns in gauge holes and 6.5" speakers with rings on the stock location should be around your budget.

Later add 8" midbass in the bags

hey theheder, thanks so much for the reply, I know my budget is low for the high end sound I want, but thought asking might be a good way to get some knowledge and not buy cheap equipment to start with. again thanks for the insight!, come on warm weather !

hey theheder, any 6.5" speaker you would prefer over another that fit my stock faring?, again thanks!

I used PRV 6.5" in the stock fairing location mounted with rings. PRV 8" midbass in the bags mounted with rings. Added about 20 small holes on the inside of bags with the them firing toward the wheel.

I will dig up some pictures and post them.

Don't skimp on the amp. I recommend the Diamond, they can handle the power without alot heat no problem.

Sounds awesome - better than my cars and truck.

HD fairing open with speakers.jpg
HD fairing with 6.5.jpg

Last edited:
AGAIN THANKS FRIEND!, your knowledge far exceeds mine and any input is greatly appreciated,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave