V- stream windshield

Wideopen103

Nov 29, 2014
Anyone using one of these. Having a hard time finding a windshield that works for me. Tried klockwerks and HD. Trying to reduce helmet buffeting. The 8.5 klockwerks to short. I see v stream has more sizes available.

Anyone using one of these. Having a hard time finding a windshield that works for me. Tried klockwerks and HD. Trying to reduce helmet buffeting. The 8.5 klockwerks to short. I see v stream has more sizes available.

I'm 6'-4" and love my 9" Wind Vest. Local HD shop sells them and many locals use them. Good stuff!

Blues

Is the wind causing the buffeting coming from the windshield or up around the tank? Adding fork defectors usually helps with buffeting issues of air around the tank.

Is the wind causing the buffeting coming from the windshield or up around the tank? Adding fork defectors usually helps with buffeting issues of air around the tank.

+1 what he said . . . . Fork deflectors will work!

what fork deflectors are you referring to? I'm only seeing them for the soft ail models on the harley website

These fit my bike like they belong there:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/fork-mount-wind-deflector-pa-20-57400146--1
To confirm, check out eglidegoodies for fitment of these on your bike, or do a Google search of Harley fork deflectors.
This will do more to get rid of buffeting than a different windshield for you.

+1
I agree with OldMike. Fork deflectors in conjunction with adjustable lower fairing deflectors and the proper higher windshield will highly increase your riding pleasure.

image.jpg

Is anyone tried the vstream , what are the pros-cons compared to Klocks werks, the seem to be similar
in make and style , but about a third cheaper.

I have a Memphis Shades 8.5" windscreen that works really nice, also added the fork fangs to stop the air coming up from underneath.

The Vstream is awesome! I have the short dark tint on my 2014 street glide. I tried the 10" windsplitter and every sixe Klock werks. The V stream looks and works much better. I tried the fork deflectors. I thoult they looked like crap and made no difference to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469