Valve train noise after changing cams

barrygreen

Dec 26, 2013
Just upgraded my 2014 103 to the CR570-2 cams. Getting valve train noise. I have the S&S Premium Lifters, also did the Zippers dual piston chain tensioners along with the Axtell oil bypass valve and SE Adjustable push rods set at 3 turns. So it may just be me but I have engine noise...Valve Train and a cam chest rattle at idle, sometimes.
I have re adjusted the push rods 3 times. It just does not sound right to me. It has been in the 40's to 60's here and the oil pressure is at lowest 17, highest 42. I am a retired tech of 45 years and not afraid to ask but it seems or sounds like a oiling issue. I will be taking it apart and looking but I suspect the oil bypass valve....when I installed it I barely had to push on the spring spacer to install the pin. At this point I am thinking if I have to tear it down again to replace the plate and pump also to a upgraded set.
Bike runs fantastic, Really like the cams but the noise is more than stock . I know you get noise from different cam ramp design and I am setting on top of a engine but it just does not seem right.
Any input is appreciated.

I would try adjusting the pushrods another 2-4 flats. I have the Fuel Moto adjustable pushrods in my 107 and I ended up adjusting mine to 4 full turns plus 5 flats.

Happy to report that it is fixed, took out the Axtell oil valve and put the stock plunger in with a Baisely spring.
Lifters are set @.150
Oil pressure is higher and the engine is quiet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90