Vance Hines big radius question

mrpryorsays

Aug 26, 2020
Putting this in my 2020 sg.

Will I need to add a power commander or some type of fuel mapping tool with the new pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had harley auto tuner with those pipes and decel pop was pretty bad. Some people don't mind it. A good tuner will take most of it away but not all.

Last edited:
No but the decel pop will be there. Even a tune won't get rid of all of it. just the the way they are.

Totally ok with the pop...

I know this is the billion dollar question but will this void my warranty if I DIY it? I know H-D says some times the stuff has to be installed by them or the bike is a 800lb paperweight

I know this is the billion dollar question but will this void my warranty if I DIY it? I know H-D says some times the stuff has to be installed by them or the bike is a 800lb paperweight

I've read the factory warranty. If you install an exhaust that makes your bike emissions non-compliant (no cat converter), the powertrain portion of your warranty is gone. A dealer may tell you otherwise, and choose to not report the non-compliant exhaust to corporate. Who knows what will happen travelling on the road to an unknown dealer. If you use an aftermarket tuner, the H-D digital tech software will flag your warranty to corporate automatically, nothing the dealer can do about it.

I've read the factory warranty. If you install an exhaust that makes your bike emissions non-compliant (no cat converter), the powertrain portion of your warranty is gone. A dealer may tell you otherwise, and choose to not report the non-compliant exhaust to corporate. Who knows what will happen travelling on the road with an unknown dealer. If you use an aftermarket tuner, the H-D digital tech software will flag your warranty to corporate automatically, nothing the dealer can do about it.

Great info! I was just going to put the pipe on. This is my first new bike so I didn’t know the first thing about a warranty. I just needed my bike louder.. but with the pip coming in at 800... I didn’t want to spend an extra 3-400 for the tuner. (From H-D)

Again I’m 100% green tho so idk if this is considered full exhaust or slip on or.. what.. I have a considerable ablont of tools and don’t mind wrenching my own.. if I can put this pipe on and ride I’m good... if I gotta get fuel command device and maps I’ll just go back and grab some slip one ..

ff641ba1c481d39faf1a7eaba0537b16.jpg

You should use the H-D Street tuner with those pipes or slip-on mufflers. As I said, no warranty with no cat converters. Those pipes do not have catalytic converters.

You should use the H-D Street tuner with those pipes or slip-on mufflers. As I said, no warranty with no cat converters. Those pipes do not have catalytic converters.

Cool! Going to put the pipes on myself (to save on labor) and have them install the street tuner

Update. Took delivery of the exhaust today and returned it. I’m going to get a slip on and call it a day. I’ll wait till I’m out of warranty to spice it up

H-D has great running stage kits with full warranty. Do a Stage II kit with the 447 torque cam. It's a huge gain in performance.

H-D has great running stage kits with full warranty. Do a Stage II kit with the 447 torque cam. It's a huge gain in performance.

Good stuff.. I wasn’t even looking for speed.. more so just wanted the bike robot sound like a Honda.. but I’m going to just let the stealership rob me slightly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave