Vet Plates

6172crew

May 12, 2016
I took a job in NM a couple of years ago and I am happy I left CA but one thing that chaffs me is the Vet plates here in NM.

Yesterday I sent a email to the Vet rep for the state and asked who came up with the water color design for our license plates and how do i get on the board to change them. I think the rep must have been one of the people who voted for the color by number plates because he said he liked them and they have been the option for MC plates since voted on in 1996. Now they only have 2 vet plates, a vet or disabled vet which look identical except for the DV or VET words crayoned in. I cant get my branch of service which is really why I sent the email, but most of the state have adopted a standard plate like NV or CA.

index.jpg
MCimages.jpg

Illinois is the same for Vet MC plates.
Not branch specific.
Cages are different story you can get whichever you served in.
Vet MC are also only given 3 yep thats right 3 spaces to use on said plate.
So no cool personalized sayings etc.
I went with my initials.

Get on your bad motor scooter and ride

That's why I left CA AND NM ! ! ! !lol
Untitled.png
(not my plate)

Gotta love Nevada!!!!

SPAZZ.jpg

This one is on my truck... can't do 5 letters on the scoot.... bummer

Gotta love Nevada!!!!

View attachment 10354

This one is on my truck... can't do 5 letters on the scoot.... bummer

Except for the fact I couldnt insure my bikes with USAA because NV wants NV only insurance so they passed me along to progressive which is twice as expensive. I can register my bikes in NV but its much more expensive for me. NM and OR dont care about where my insurance come from so I can use my CA usaa because I own a rental in CA. Crazy huh:confused:

Except for the fact I couldnt insure my bikes with USAA because NV wants NV only insurance so they passed me along to progressive which is twice as expensive. I can register my bikes in NV but its much more expensive for me. NM and OR dont care about where my insurance come from so I can use my CA usaa because I own a rental in CA. Crazy huh:confused:

USAA doesn't have motorcycle insurance....I got passed on to Progressive when I was living in Washington....I've since switched to GEICO....its a love/hate relationship....they love taking my money and I hate giving it up.....

USAA doesn't have motorcycle insurance....I got passed on to Progressive when I was living in Washington....I've since switched to GEICO....its a love/hate relationship....they love taking my money and I hate giving it up.....

Had motorcycle insurance with USAA when ti was offered. I thought it was a good policy. Too bad they gave it all up. Not sure why.

DAvid

Had motorcycle insurance with USAA when ti was offered. I thought it was a good policy. Too bad they gave it all up. Not sure why.

DAvid
I asked the guy at USAA and I guess the issue is offering MC insurance in certain states means you have to offer it to folks who cant get USAA in the first place. Anyhow;picked up my bike at D&S Harley in Medford OR on my birthday (14th) and trailered her home and rode to work today. 2015 Silver SGS. I almost feel like "going home sick" so I can go for a ride.

OK, I wanted to add that I do have USAA insurance but bike it registered in OR and other bikes are registered in NM. I have another house in CA and used that address. I also have buddies in CA so I can also use that address if needed. Progressive is twice as expensive and a left wing nut company so I ditched them and found a way to make it happen. NV was the state that made it impossible to use USAA because of the laws in that state. NM and OR dont care, just so long as you have insurance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165