Veteran Organization's

flhrci

Aug 28, 2014
If you wanted to join a Veteran's Organization, which one would you join? AMVETS seems lie ka good choice because of the motorcycle chapters. I do not have any direct combat experience so I think that also affects my decision. Other than that, US Navy 1990-2016.

Thanks,

David

Depends on what you want/like... there are rider clubs and MC's . I choose the MC world...best to embrace the full meaning of Brotherhood my life.
Semper Fi 1986-2006
ab2d112b22c26d886ba9522b57babfba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Would like to be in an MC I think but not sure I can make the commitments required.

Depends what you are looking for. I joined AMVETS a couple years ago, it wasn't for me as all they did was sit around and argue with each other and out of 20 or so in the rider group only 3 of us actually went on rides. You may have a much better one near you.

There's a number of Veteran MC's, you don't need to be a combat vet to join, but you will have to be dedicated. Some research beforehand will save you a lot of aggravation down the road.

If you are looking to help out fellow veterans, I've found the DAV to be one of the best ones. There's also the Patriot Guard Riders.

I'm in the Patriot Guard organization. Scheduling time precludes me from being in anything else. Plus- I'm a free rider, anything over 6-8 bikes in a group and I'm out. 40-60-plus bikes on a ride is a recipe for disaster.

I'm in the Patriot Guard organization. Scheduling time precludes me from being in anything else. Plus- I'm a free rider, anything over 6-8 bikes in a group and I'm out. 40-60-plus bikes on a ride is a recipe for disaster.

I also do the Patriot Guard...unfortunately most of their rides are during my normal working hours so I don't get much time to participate....maybe when I retire.

Interesting point... why do you think so? [emoji4]

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Depends on what you want/like... there are rider clubs and MC's . I choose the MC world...best to embrace the full meaning of Brotherhood my life.
Semper Fi 1986-2006
ab2d112b22c26d886ba9522b57babfba.jpg

Were you a Marine? Wasn't quite sure lol

Were you a Marine? Wasn't quite sure lol

Better be careful with that kind of question. LOL I bet he will come back with "Always a Marine!" I was in the Navy which maintains ownership of the Marine Corps you know. :)

Better be careful with that kind of question. LOL I bet he will come back with "Always a Marine!" I was in the Navy which maintains ownership of the Marine Corps you know. :)
Yep.. ALWAYS A MARINE

And true... The Marines are a Department of The Navy....

THE MEN'S DEPARMENT!!!!

[emoji41]

Yep.. ALWAYS A MARINE

And true... The Marines are a Department of The Navy....

THE MEN'S DEPARMENT!!!!

[emoji41]

I knew that one was coming. Just let it go....LOL

Interesting point... why do you think so? [emoji4]

I've been on some of those 80 bikes charity rides. You know the ones, where someone who has a bike they haven't ridden in three years decides to break it out for a ride but has forgotten (if they ever knew) proper riding safety, hand/foot signals and most importantly how to stay in their lane. This puts everyone in jeopardy and is a recipe for danger. But hey- that's just me!!:cool:

Yeah, now I got you... We are so used to ride in pack, that I almost forgot the situation you mentioned. [emoji28]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave