Victory competition?

Rhsra

Jun 9, 2015
Had an interesting discussion today out of the blue.. A guy pulled up to my work on a Victory Vision. He saw my FLHXS and promptly told me what a piece of crap my Harley was and how it couldn't hold a candle to his beauty.. I promptly and politely told the douchebag to get bent.. To each his own.. He then challenged me to prove there was a bike out there in the same league as his Victory...I did just that.. Showed him this
2ab30221219e80d2e53d7f9d1765c818.jpg

Discussion promptly ended and he left.. I lmao all day.. Best Monday in a long time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just a couple months ago traded a 2013 victory jackpot for my new Street Glide Special. I love my SGS but the victory with the same comparable stage 1 upgrade would leave my SGS for dead. About 100 horses and 115 ft lbs of torque.

I am thrilled to be on a HD again after a decade on other brands but don't short change the Victory bikes. They are no joke even if that guy you encountered was a douche.

Agree .. To each their own.. Guess my problem with Victory besides the fact I just don't find them appealing to my eye stems with Polaris.. At the ending of the day it's still a Canadian Company claiming an American product... It's just me but I don't care for smoke and mirrors..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you please explain why you feel that Victory Motorcycles are Canadian? Polaris is in Roseau, MN and they have moved the home office to Minneapolis. The Motorcycles are made in Spirit Lake, IA.

I just a couple months ago traded a 2013 victory jackpot for my new Street Glide Special. I love my SGS but the victory with the same comparable stage 1 upgrade would leave my SGS for dead. About 100 horses and 115 ft lbs of torque.

I am thrilled to be on a HD again after a decade on other brands but don't short change the Victory bikes. They are no joke even if that guy you encountered was a douche.

A close friend of mine has a 2006 Victory ( I think it's a Jackpot ) 100CC 4 valve with a stage 1.... 72,000 miles on it and walked all over me on a 2013 softtail with a 103 and stage 1....... I was a little taken back....

Do not get into a battle with Victory.....
Harley Davidson is a lifestyle, not top dog performance. Hell, not even 10th dog performance..... lol.

Oh, and there are probably more offshore made parts on a HD than there are on a Victory. All electronics, fuel delivery, suspension/shocks, Brembo brakes, I haven't researched this.... just a probabity.

HD has partnered with India to tap into that growing market and has conceded to allow them to manufacture many parts.... if not complete bikes.

Agree .. To each their own.. Guess my problem with Victory besides the fact I just don't find them appealing to my eye stems with Polaris.. At the ending of the day it's still a Canadian Company claiming an American product... It's just me but I don't care for smoke and mirrors..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombardier is a Canadian company, not Polaris. And I agree with bugdewde, I think the Victory has more American content than HD does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469