What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

There are several sets currently for sale on HDForums.com.

I also picked up some Progressive monotubes for the front over there.

Hey, thanks again. Picked up a pair from a local SoCal guy. I’ll have em by tomorrow or Saturday. I’m eager to see the difference. Btw, was the swap out straight forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks again. Picked up a pair from a local SoCal guy. I’ll have em by tomorrow or Saturday. I’m eager to see the difference. Btw, was the swap out straight forward?

Yeah it was easy. Take off the saddlebags, jack the bike up, remove the two 3/4" bolts on each of the old shocks, remove the air lines and valve, set the adjustable shock to the lowest setting, loctite the bolts, raise / lower the jack to line up the bolt holes, torque them to 35 ft lbs, lower the jack, turn the adjuster to 16+/- clicks depending on your weight,and go ride!

Took me about 20 minutes start to finish.

Watch out for fluid running out of the air line push fitting in old shocks if you lay them down.

Probably could be done without a jack with a couple of extra hands to raise /lower / steady the bike.

Yeah it was easy. Take off the saddlebags, jack the bike up, remove the two 3/4" bolts on each of the old shocks, remove the air lines and valve, set the adjustable shock to the lowest setting, loctite the bolts, raise / lower the jack to line up the bolt holes, torque them to 35 ft lbs, lower the jack, turn the adjuster to 16+/- clicks depending on your weight,and go ride!

Took me about 20 minutes start to finish.

Watch out for fluid running out of the air line push fitting in old shocks if you lay them down.

Probably could be done without a jack with a couple of extra hands to raise /lower / steady the bike.

Outstanding! I have a Jack, and will probably do it this weekend. Thanks!!!

Finally got rid of the bedamned air shocks that came on my 14 street glide, and picked up some of the newer shocks that comes on the newer touring bikes. Rode about 90 miles or so, and they’re definitely an upgrade over the air shocks, and absorb the smaller bumps a lot better…finally some relief lol.

Finally got rid of the bedamned air shocks that came on my 14 street glide, and picked up some of the newer shocks that comes on the newer touring bikes. Rode about 90 miles or so, and they’re definitely an upgrade over the air shocks, and absorb the smaller bumps a lot better…finally some relief lol.

Good to hear that you have them installed.

I took my first 2 up longer ride (180 miles) yesterday after swapping mine out. Much better than the worn out air shocks!

Now I need to find time to put the Progressive monotubes on the front!

Good to hear that you have them installed.

I took my first 2 up longer ride (180 miles) yesterday after swapping mine out. Much better than the worn out air shocks!

Now I need to find time to put the Progressive monotubes on the front!

Thanks for pointing me to the HDForum. I need to do the front as well. Either Legends, or the progressives. But that’s beyond my skill level, I’d have to pay the local dealer 4 hours of labor lol

Rode 172 miles and hit some local spots.

Got home and did a 3 hole fluid change with Redline products.
48101bbd4a49f4beb5beae47748e9aaa.jpg
e16292ecc95329555a490be551c4d634.jpg
349fd10db8bc20139964c19c192aece1.jpg

Installed an EZ UP center stand and cleaned up the engine for the first large group ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend
cffed4a1816b49576ff57261c8a51400.jpg
e24e348dcab12683537133b2d759c32c.jpg
0c57973acef6d6d839e65ddf85071c10.jpg
81c094e41ab9010cc60b039b4f03c5c3.jpg
63263af02e90d705979ac61708ff8ce6.jpg

Reactions: BillyBob
It worked good especially for the hard to reach spots. I also hit the diamond cut fins with a toothbrush.

I was expecting it to be a foam but it was a thin liquid aerosol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IRist