What FP3 Canned map are you using for setup?

jm1797

May 16, 2016
I went to redo my canned map and autotune since replacing the headers. My 2015 SGS started to have more decal pop since adding headers so I contacted V&H about which canned map they recommend. I was just curious so I called twice and sent 1 email. All 3 guys gave me a different recommendation. Below is my setup;

Rush 7017HO - High Output performance pipe ceramic headers (with open collection chamber that connects the 2 pipes then crossover to left side).

Freedom Performance 4" Eagle slip-ons and of course high flow air cleaner.

These are the 3 different recommendations they gave:
1. Eliminator 400 w/ power duals standard baffle
2. Monster Rounds w/ power duals standard baffle
3. Twin slash rounds w/ power duals standard baffle

***Does anyone have the same setup as me or similar with FP3? Which canned map has worked for you compared to others?

I trust this forum so any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Right now I'm on the first gas tank of the monster rounds canned map. Decel pop has lessened.

I went with 3. Twin slash rounds w/ power duals standard baffle

I've got Power Duals with the Rinehart 4 inch and 3 worked for me as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Alright...just got back from some test rides. Had #2-Monster rounds loaded in bike and it felt ok. Seemed like a little stutter on take off and some decal pop. Power was decent.

Loaded #3-Twin slash rounds and it was kinda rough wasn't smooth on shift and had even more decal pop. Also got some pop when shifting up in gears while getting on the throttle.

Loaded #1-Eliminator 400 and that one seemed smoother during shifts and take off. Had minimal decal pop but not during shift. Power was good too. Might settle for this one and then auto-tune after a tank of gas.

Anyone else use the Eliminator 400 power dual and standard baffle map?

jm1797- after loading the map, did you start an autotune? If so, bike will run rough during the initial tune period. After you download it, you'll see a difference.
Check out the extensive FP3 thread started by Spazz about 3 years ago, it's a wealth of knowledge and tips.

Yeah, Ive read it several times...good info. I did not start an autotune. Just canned map for a tank of gas then auto tune later. Just frustrating that I would get three different recommendations from V&H.

When I got my recommendation from V&H they said to load it and run 2 tanks through.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If you think about it, all those maps are very close and any of them will work. Meaning all 3 maps are for 4" pipes with different shapes. Even the lengths are the same but with slightly different baffles. I played around with a few different 4" setups when I was running Reinharts. Now that I have the 450 oversized raiders they have a specific map for that. Have you tried changing the Decel setup on the map. I had to set mine to 2 sticks when running the Reinharts to get rid of the decel all the way.

I hear ya Chapo. I’ll try the decel pop sticks after auto tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m running #2 bike runs clean and crisp , was told to run 2 full tanks runs like a scalded cat same setup is on a friends 2013 road glide with same results we both run V&H monster rounds with packing removed. we both have true duals not power duals. They recommended this tune over the true dual tune it works so I’m good no pops just pure go. So far

Last edited:
What FP3 Canned map are you using for setup?

I called today and spoke to somebody over the phone. They said the monster rounds were more quiet, restrictive And closed off....more than the eliminator 400s. He said the eliminators matched my freedom performance eagle 4” slip ons better.

Now I’ve got to track down a damn metal squeak noise on the right side...been there for about a month. Maybe longer since I heard it when I rode without my ear plugs and radio turned down. It starts when bike warms up....

I got my FP3 in the mil today, I will be installing it this weekend. I have the "drop in" K&N air filter, do any maps have an option for this filter set up?

All of the maps are made with a “high flow” air filter installed. So you are good....just call, chat or email V&H about which map best fits your exhaust system.

Anyone here running the SE high flow air cleaner, SE Street Cannons with the FP3 on the M8? Just curious on which map configuration works best.

Going to install the air cleaner and tuner this weekend. Guess I can always call V&H, just thought I would ask here first.

jm1797- that squeak you hear on the right side when the bike is warming up.... It stops when bike is warm? after a mile or so? I had a squeaking sound- left/rear for about a month. Finally had one of my HOG brothers stand next to the bike and locate the sound when I was sitting on it. It ended up being the rubber in the muffler bracket. I removed it, rubbed it down with electrical grease, re-installed, squeak all gone. I NEVER would have found that noise on my own.

jm1797- that squeak you hear on the right side when the bike is warming up.... It stops when bike is warm? after a mile or so? I had a squeaking sound- left/rear for about a month. Finally had one of my HOG brothers stand next to the bike and locate the sound when I was sitting on it. It ended up being the rubber in the muffler bracket. I removed it, rubbed it down with electrical grease, re-installed, squeak all gone. I NEVER would have found that noise on my own.

Well I think I found it. It was a support bolt loose for my muffler pipe crossing to the left side. Tightened it up and Now it’s gone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469