What kind of exhaust?

khayden

Jul 15, 2012
So I am in the process of picking up my HD Street GLide, andI have started the task of all the new parts I will be changing to make it mine. I am new to riding - about 8 months into it, and I need some guidance. What kind of pipes should I consider, the SG is the black denim, so I think I would like some black pipes. I heard some names like "Rinehart" "Vance & Hines" "Rush"... Please help me out... what do you guys recommend?

So I am in the process of picking up my HD Street GLide, andI have started the task of all the new parts I will be changing to make it mine. I am new to riding - about 8 months into it, and I need some guidance. What kind of pipes should I consider, the SG is the black denim, so I think I would like some black pipes. I heard some names like "Rinehart" "Vance & Hines" "Rush"... Please help me out... what do you guys recommend?

That blk demium is pretty but a beast to keep clean. I plan to go with V&H Dresser Duals and monster ovals. This question is just gonna come down to personal preference. Good luck

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Black Denim is hard to keep clean... I guess I am going to have to get a good detailer...thanks for the tip

V&H are my preference as well..if you poke around the 'net you can find sound bites that may help you figure out which ones sound good to you.

I have rineharts extreme true duels 3.5 I love the look and the performance I get with them, the sound is loud and bad ass!... I have the Denim Black 2012 with a stage one. And I find that the denim paint is very easy to keep clean no waxing and looks great with some soap and water or Windex!...

I just ordered the V&H duels, monster ovals, throttle pack, fuel pack and air intake. Looking forward to the sound and also the response. Good luck with what you pick up.

I just put stainless steel Jackpot HTC Ceramic headpipes on my 2012. My wife loves the reduced heat factor. If mama aint happy......

You could get the Vance & Hines 2 into 1 pro pipe and get headpipe and muffler all in one unit. They have a good sound to them also.

v & h powers. monster rounds. thundermax tuner. k & n air cleaner. andrews cam. i cant complain

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I have Screamin eagle Nightsticks with a Ventilator air cleaner with the download from HD. At first I was kinda unimpressed with the sound but after about 1K miles the mufflers seem to have come into their own, I am real happy with them now! Just the download was a big help with starting and acceleration issues on the stock tune. Overall I am now satisfied wit the performance of my scooter and have no plans to change anything else as I still get 40mpg and she runs real good.

Anyone have the Yaffe Phantom bagger pipes? I'm looking at those for my 2013. My last bike that I had for 16 yrs had straight pipes so I don't want pipes that are too loud and I can't hear the radio.
So, does anyone know how the yaffe pipes sound?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have the Yaffe Phantom bagger pipes? I'm looking at those for my 2013. My last bike that I had for 16 yrs had straight pipes so I don't want pipes that are too loud and I can't hear the radio.
So, does anyone know how the yaffe pipes sound?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

@bikerglasses - Back before the Phantom pipe came with a baffle I heard it and really liked the sound of it although I could see it being 'over the top' loud at highway speeds. I do know that about a year or two ago they released a baffled version which is supposed to tame it down a lot. Might want to try doing a search on Youtube for some sound bite.

I am running the V&H 2 into 1 on my 06 Street glide, this is the second set i have had on two different bikes and loved them both.

Wild Pig Pipes are great value for money and have to be the cheapest mufflers around at $185 - they have removable baffles if you want to experiment with sound levels. I like the 1 3/4" baffles because they have a nice deep rumble and are not too loud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetRider1913