What size is working for what height?

After spending a ton of money on different sizes when I had my 2010 Ultra and finally finding the right size, I learned my lesson when getting the right size for my new 2016 Street Glide Special. Since the stock one is too short I ordered a 6" and an 8" cheapy on ebay for $28.00 each to find which size worked best. I found the 8" works for me. I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Now that I have a size I can invest in a better one without dumping a ton of cash only not to get the right one.

If you are worried about getting the correct height shield, take a look at Freedom Shields. They let you buy a shield and if it's not what you need you can return it for another size. Just have to leave the film on the shield while testing it. They are really well made and thick! I love mine!

I'm 5'8''. I'm having really good luck with the Klock Werks 8.5" flare shield. Most windshield mfgr's measure the shield differently then HD does so be careful. A HD 7.5" shield will be equivalent to a much smaller height from other mfgr's.

2nd for freedom windshields (dumped the klockwerks) for Freedom 8". exceptional Quality and design. website states it all. customer letters.
6' tall 34" inseam. did 2700 and 4300 mile trip

I'm 5' 7", I have a 8.5" Klock Werks on my 2012 street glide, but it's 2" too tall. I slouch when I ride and I'm looking throught the curve part of the windshield. The 8.5" is actually measures 8.75". The 8.5" comes from Klock Werks measuring from center fairing screw to where the windshield curves. Anyone want to buy the 8.5" I'll give you the deal they gave me. PM if interested!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77