What size windsheild for a 6'2" rider on new 2016 Street glide.

N2DEEP

Oct 12, 2015
Just like the title says, how tall should I go on the the shield? And who make a good looking but functional windshield? All I've did was test ride the bike. I pick it up tomorrow.

Just like the title says, how tall should I go on the the shield? And who make a good looking but functional windshield? All I've did was test ride the bike. I pick it up tomorrow.

The best way to find out windshield height is to tape a strip of cardboard (does not have to be full width) onto your existing shield raising it to where you think it should be. Then ride around (about 30 mph) and check that you can see the road surface about 25 feet out from the bike. Don't slouch or you will be riding that way. When you get it right, just measure it and buy what you need.

Yeah, depends on how long your legs are as opposed to your torso. I would think you would need a 10 inch at least, or an 8.5 recurved to clear your face

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought you went by where the Bugs splatter on your face.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm between 6'1" - 2" and 8 inch Freedom Shield work perfect for me. They also ship them with a protective coating so you can install and try them out to make sure its the right height for you. Alot depends on if you sit straight up, slouch, want to look through it or over it. 8 inch solved my buffeting issue and I can still see over it as I didn't want to be looking through it.

I am 6' and bought a 10" and 11" LRS elite recurve.
I rode with the 10" for a month then switched to the 11".
I am looking over the top and have settled that the 11" is best for me.
I don't get the head buffeting at 55 and above that I get with the 10". I could not hack the stock screen.
Long rides are more enjoyable now.

I'm 6' and have the stock 10". I can see over the top no problems and the wind doesn't buffet my head....

Ok being 6'1 with a long torso I started from the dealer with a 10 inch wind splitter after test riding with the stock one. I now have a 18.5 inch Clearview windshield and like it. With the Clear view you measure from the ignition switch up so it sounds worse then it is. This windshield hits me in the chin for height and a lot of the wind noise is gone now that I had with the wind splitter. Most dealerships and shops have test windshields laying around to try out so have them install one and try it.

I'm 6.'2" with a short torso. I have 8.5 klockworks. Have no problem wearing a baseball hat while riding

I'm 6'3" and went with a 9" Long Ride Shield with re-curve ... looks and works great!!! It's also thicker than the HD 10" and doesn't flex.

LRS 10 inch Ultra wide Medium Tint

LRS 10 inch Ultra wide Medium Tint

Tried out my LRS 10 Inch this week in between rain showers. Hit 85 mph on the freeway and i must say buffeting is at a minimum and i can turn down the tunes quite a bit from when i ran the stock shield. I am 5 ' 11" tall . The price $49 and quality are excellent. I will need to get accustomed to looking at the edge of the windshield as it is in my line of sight unless i sit with perfectly upright posture but i doubt it will be a problem. Very happy with the looks and function, recommended !:cool:

I have a friend who is 6'3" he is using Long Ride Shields 10 inch, at 5'7" I have LRS 8 inch we are both happy.

I'm 5'7" & I run a 7.5" HD Windsplitter ....

Works for me...

Chris

I'm 6'1 and bought a Klock workz 8.5 recurve and hated it. Did not like distortion in the curve area. Ended up with a 7.5 Mephis shade with smoke to clear. Works great but not my favorite look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6'2" and have the 6.5" klockwerks, does a decent job but I'm not a big fan of the look of it. Been debating on going to a freedom shield 5" or 6". I'm not expecting it to solve all the wind issues but I want to keep it looking as stock as possible and really don't like the look of the taller windshields. I'll take any improvement over the stock one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried out my LRS 10 Inch this week in between rain showers. Hit 85 mph on the freeway and i must say buffeting is at a minimum and i can turn down the tunes quite a bit from when i ran the stock shield. I am 5 ' 11" tall . The price $49 and quality are excellent. I will need to get accustomed to looking at the edge of the windshield as it is in my line of sight unless i sit with perfectly upright posture but i doubt it will be a problem. Very happy with the looks and function, recommended !:cool:

Could you post some pics?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469