What Tool Kit do you keep in on your Bike?

HD BeachGlide

Apr 19, 2015
Looking to add a tool kit for my 15' SGS. Do you guys use pre-configured kits/rolls?

Or put your own kit together?

Is there any StreetGlide or HD specific tool that's a must have?

thank you

This is a good question. The dealer gave me a little tool kit with the purchase of my bike. The only tool on the kit that fits the bike is the screwdriver for taking off the seat. Lol. Guess I'll be putting a kit together.

I don't have a tool kit on my bike other then the little kit that came with the bike I figure if it breaks down there is not much I'm going to be able to do with it on the side of the road without repair parts and if I need a part to fix it I can bring tools back with me

I picked up a 1/4" drive socket set from Sears... great addition in a small package

Sent from my Note4 using Tapatalk

I picked up a 1/4" drive socket set from Sears... great addition in a small package

Sent from my Note4 using Tapatalk

Used a 1/4 socket set (in conjunction with a 3/8" socket set) with 1 1/2" extension when I installed my speaker upgrade. Made those three tray to pod bolts bearable. Only had to use the offset wrench for a final snug on the bolts.
The 1/4" socket set is a must for any work bench and would be a nice addition to an on board tool kit. Enjoy!

Blues

Last edited:
I purchased the deluxe Cruz Tools kit especially made for HD bikes. I also carry "super tape" and zip ties as there isn't much I can repair on the road anymore. Thus . . . . a Cell Phone ! :)

I have put together a little tool kit with some 1/4 inch stuff sockets, allen's, torques, adjustable cresent wrench and a screw driver combo with a couple different pliers. Also pack a good flat repair plug kit with co2. Anymore the next best thing is a cell phone to call a brother or the wrecker for a haul. Will never leave my bike on the side of the road unattended.

I spent a lot of time looking, testing, beers, and have the following: 10mm wrench (battery), 3/8,7/16,1/2,9/16 wrenches, screwdriver with bits, tors and hex sockets, small vice grips, 6" crescent, small channel lock pliers, tape, tie wraps. I looked at different thinks on the bike that may require adjusting, change. Etc....these fit into small bags that fit into the bottom recesses on saddlebags.

I purchased the deluxe Cruz Tools kit especially made for HD bikes. I also carry "super tape" and zip ties as there isn't much I can repair on the road anymore.Thus . . . . a Cell Phone ! :)

This exactly^^^^^^

I also carry some bailing wire just in case I have to wire up some part of the exhaust system (don't laugh it happened on my FXR)......so basically a complete set of tools as well as some bailing wire and chewing gum :D

This exactly^^^^^^

I also carry some bailing wire just in case I have to wire up some part of the exhaust system (don't laugh it happened on my FXR)......so basically a complete set of tools as well as some bailing wire and chewing gum :D

Some one is hard on their bike. :D

David

What Tool Kit do you keep in on your Bike?

Some one is hard on their bike. :D

David

Actually that's what happens when you let your dumb **** friend from Kansas ride your second bike:D

Last edited:
Windzone for me too, have had it 3 years.. Works well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Same here. I carry the kit that came with the bike. But if it broke down, I wouldn't know what to do except call AAA LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry way more than I want to use (mostly for other riders if theirs breaks down!).
For me it will probably be a cell phone and credit card !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14