Which Bars do I want or need

07SGlide

Jul 11, 2015
Hi all

I have read and read on this subject and am confused as all get out. I like most are experiencing the pain between the shoulder blades after riding for about a half hour. I'm 5'8 29" inseam and short arms. Yeah you know the type. I have an 07 and this is my first Harley or cruiser ever. So I'm really lost on this handlebar thing. I realize everyone is different and some like 10's some like 12's etc. I would prefer to not have to change cables and wiring if possible. How does one figure out what height and pullback will work for them?

Hey neighbor. I'm from New Holstein. I went with 10" Wild Ones. Had to change the clutch cable. Brake line was fine.I also extended the wiring. Some say you don't. I could have gone with the 12.5" bars. The 10s were a huge help. I'm a strong 5'8". I was concerned about how much wider the new bars were. Not an issue though. Actually feels like I have better control.

I was hoping not to have to change clutch cable as I would have to have dealership do that. Brake lines I could do. I feel like it's a guessing game as there aren't any ways to try them out first. Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

Hey neighbor. I'm from New Holstein. I went with 10" Wild Ones. Had to change the clutch cable. Brake line was fine.I also extended the wiring. Some say you don't. I could have gone with the 12.5" bars. The 10s were a huge help. I'm a strong 5'8". I was concerned about how much wider the new bars were. Not an issue though. Actually feels like I have better control.

Clutch cable is not hard at all. I can meet you at Open Road Saturday morning and you can take my scoot for a ride or at least sit on it and try the 10s out.

Last edited:
Hi all

I have read and read on this subject and am confused as all get out. I like most are experiencing the pain between the shoulder blades after riding for about a half hour. I'm 5'8 29" inseam and short arms. Yeah you know the type. I have an 07 and this is my first Harley or cruiser ever. So I'm really lost on this handlebar thing. I realize everyone is different and some like 10's some like 12's etc. I would prefer to not have to change cables and wiring if possible. How does one figure out what height and pullback will work for them?

Sit on your bike in a comfortable position like your riding it. Close your eyes relax and extend your arms out to grab imaginary handle bars and open your eyes. That's where your bars will best suit you. If your not sure what to do just ride with the stock bars for awhile till you decide. I personally love the stock bars but that's my riding style. Swapped glides with my buddy and did not like his Yaffe bars. He really is not completely satisfied either. We are both 6'-4" with long arms

Last edited:

I have the 12.5 Wild Ones only used namz wire extenders and love them. I'm 5' 7" and had reduced reach stock type bars that are also very comfortable.

Hydraulic clutch on your end. His is an '07. My clutch cable wouldn't make it. Had to go longer. Used NAMZ also.

Gotta go there anyway. Should be about 9-9:30am tomorrow. I'll post here later this afternoon or early evening.

Ok cool I'll be there around 9:15 then. What color is your bike? I actually sat on a newer one ther today with 12's on it so I'll be interested to see the difference. See ya tomorrow

Thanks

Pat

Met up with 07sglide this morning at our local dealership to let him check out my bars.
Paul is a cool dude. Enjoyed the meet.
You need help this winter installing that water pipe on your scoot, holler. I'll help. I'm only 30 miles away. Would be more then happy to.
Mike

Mike

Thanks again for meeting me it was a pleasure. Lots to think about and it helped being able to actually sit and feel the difference. I will take u up on the help this winter. Thanks again.

Pat

I love the Wild 1s 10" chubbies (w0578) that I have on my bike. I'm 5'4" and the 10s make a world of difference. I sometimes wonder if the 12s would be better but the 10s are 100 times better than stock. Maybe someday I'll go higher, time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anybody tell me what height bars will allow me to use the stock
Mirrors on a 2014 SGS??
Sorry to hijack the thread

Can anybody tell me what height bars will allow me to use the stock
Mirrors on a 2014 SGS??
Sorry to hijack the thread
Just put 10" LA Chopper prime apes on 14 sgs... They are perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Mike

Thanks again for meeting me it was a pleasure. Lots to think about and it helped being able to actually sit and feel the difference. I will take u up on the help this winter. Thanks again.

Pat

Hey, Pat,
You get your bars on?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith