Wind splitter 7" Summer ride, Full face helmet, 5'11 or 181cm

firstime911

Nov 17, 2021
Hi I just brought a HD Wind splitter 7" online for my Street glide special 2021, Dealer recommend 7" HD Wind splitter says is good for hot weather (Texas like 100F+). My concern is I ride on Highway i.e. 60-90mph wearing full face helmet ARAi, with stock seat. I'm 5'11" or 181cm Do I still going to get the helmet buffeting, shaking? Thank you

Last edited:
Hi I just brought a HD Wind splitter 7" online for my Street glide special 2021, Dealer recommend 7" HD Wind splitter says is good for hot weather (Texas like 100F+). My concern is I ride on Highway i.e. 60-90mph wearing full face helmet ARAi, with stock seat. I'm 5'11" or 181cm Do I still going to get the helmet buffeting, shaking? Thank you

I’m 5 10” and got a freedom shield after
My Hd wind splitter cracked on the bottom .
I also usually drive around 80-90 mph on the highway.
I have no buffeting with this shield.

Here’s a video

https://youtu.be/9LS259iPPPU

I found the Harley shield too thin and it did vibrate a lot more.

Good luck!

What size of FD shield did you get ? since we have almost same height, did you have wind buffeting during the time u use Wind splitter 7" Thank you

Last edited:
Me being 6'2 I had head buffeting all the time. That is until I installed the fork fangs. They decreased the buffeting by at least 70%. Then I purchased the freedom shield 8" touring width and it virtually eliminated the buffeting. I also have the adjustable fairing wings to throw some wind my way if I feel a little heated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165