Windshield bags

BluesBelly

Oct 20, 2014
Anyone discover windshield bags or pouches other than HD that work with 2014-15 SG? The HD offering looks goofy to my eye in that it is not symmetrical because of the allowance for the vent control button! Also most of the reviews on this are negative including the ones on the official HD site.
On a three pouch setup I think that it's possible to eliminate the middle bag over the vent opening and still have nice sized matching pouches on each side. Maybe could score something like this offering from Willie & Max and separate the bags to a new backing plate.
image.jpg

Thanks,

Blues

Last edited:
I've seen these on other bikes and I'm convinced they just don't look right on the 14-15 inner fairings I opted for the saddlebag trays instead.

I've seen these on other bikes and I'm convinced they just don't look right on the 14-15 inner fairings I opted for the saddlebag trays instead.

What tray did you choose?

Does it simply lay into the bag, or do you have to mount any supports?

Does it simply lay into the bag, or do you have to mount any supports?

You mount supports but no drilling. It uses the latch pins and hinge screws. No issues with lid closing or latching like I've read about in the Half Tray post.

I opted for the three pouch windshield bag and like it. It does interfere with the airflow from the vent but I also had the dealer install the 10" clear windshield when I bought my bike as the shorter ones created a lot of buffeting for me.

I'm 6' and can still see about 2 inches over the windscreen with very little buffeting, usually between 70 and 90. Above 90 I get virtually no buffeting. With the windshield bag, I open up the vent and get a nice breeze blowing on me on hot days as the center bag is designed with an upward sweep. The only thing I don't like about the bag is I get moisture trapped between the bag and the windshield. I'm thinking of inserting some small stick-on clear spacers to allow the area to breath a little.

I bought this one for the right side and very please with the fit and quality.

I was thinking about buying one of these until I read a review that said the fit was sloppy. Now glad to read your's fit and quality are pleasing. Maybe I'll rethink ordering one of these "sponsor's" saddlebag trays (I like the full length configuration).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith