Windshield trials

Promoter

Aug 8, 2014
I have a 2014 Street Glide. I am 5'9" and I have tried all 3 sizes of the Harley Wind Splitter. the 2 short ones didn't work much better than stock and had to look through the tall one which made me sick, but worked to eliminate buffeting.

I tried a 5 inch windshield with wings from Clark's Custom Windshields next. It was a very nice piece and a great price!!. It has worked best so far. The wings really make a difference with wind to the body and it worked the best so far with getting the wind out of my eyes. It seemed a little tall for me but I'm not sure I gave it much or enough of a chance. I live in a hilly area and like to look over the shield. with this one I had to look through it when cresting hills and rises on the roads near my home. Looking over and through the dark tinted shield back and forth messed with my vision so I sent it back. Pat and Robin Clark were awesome and sent me a full refund. I may reorder and try this one again. I think the wings are great.

I also just tried a 6.5" Klock Works. In my opinion it wasn't any better than the Harley Wind Splitters that didn't work either. It looks nice and is a quality shield but it was a little tall for me as well. It's also expensive.

I have a 4.5" Memphis Shades ordered. The diagram on their website shows the wind blowing a few inches over the riders head with a 4.5 and the rider is sitting up straight. I slouch when I ride so it should work fine for me if the diagram was accurate.

I'll post new info after the Memphis Shades shield arrives. So far the Clark's product worked the best.

I can get by with a 8" Long Ride Shield, I see over it and if I have to look through it I don't get sick. To eliminate buffeting you need to add fork wind deflectors to your bike. The wind deflectors alone will bring you to a happy ending.

I have a 2014 Street Glide. I am 5'9" and I have tried all 3 sizes of the Harley Wind Splitter. the 2 short ones didn't work much better than stock and had to look through the tall one which made me sick, but worked to eliminate buffeting.

I tried a 5 inch windshield with wings from Clark's Custom Windshields next. It was a very nice piece and a great price!!. It has worked best so far. The wings really make a difference with wind to the body and it worked the best so far with getting the wind out of my eyes. It seemed a little tall for me but I'm not sure I gave it much or enough of a chance. I live in a hilly area and like to look over the shield. with this one I had to look through it when cresting hills and rises on the roads near my home. Looking over and through the dark tinted shield back and forth messed with my vision so I sent it back. Pat and Robin Clark were awesome and sent me a full refund. I may reorder and try this one again. I think the wings are great.

I also just tried a 6.5" Klock Works. In my opinion it wasn't any better than the Harley Wind Splitters that didn't work either. It looks nice and is a quality shield but it was a little tall for me as well. It's also expensive.

I have a 4.5" Memphis Shades ordered. The diagram on their website shows the wind blowing a few inches over the riders head with a 4.5 and the rider is sitting up straight. I slouch when I ride so it should work fine for me if the diagram was accurate.

I'll post new info after the Memphis Shades shield arrives. So far the Clark's product worked the best.

Thanks, keep us posted. I'm also 5'9" and experienced the same thing with my tests on HD windspliiters and the 6.5 Klock Works. I'm still looking too.

I am 5'8" and ordered the Freedom Shields 8"...too tall. Exchanged it for a 7" , taller than stock, it did not take away from the looks vs stock. Quality is very good, polished edges and a tad bit thicker than the stock windshield. Fit, performance, and looks, overall I am well pleased.

Will you update as soon as you try out the Memphis Shades, I am waiting to order it for my trip in a couple of weeks and I want to know how it performs. I just called Memphis Shades to see which size shield is used in the diagram and its a 6.5" used in the demo. So I hope the 4.5" works.

I,m 5'10 & have a 7" Long Ride Shield & it works great for me. Could have went with 8" and still could have seen over it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith