windshields - windshields - windshields ???

CWNY

Jul 14, 2014
Ok...I know Im beating the "windshield horse" ...

I'm short...5' 7"...

Anyone @ my height that can recommend from experience what windshield is working for them on their 14/15 Street glide...?

I have read almost every post on this forum and while I always appreciate all the valuable input ... I think Im more confused than ever !

Thank you as always !

Safe riding,
Chris

Yes, the choice of which shield is quit confusing. I am 5'6", the factory shield was making my sunglasses slap my face at speeds of 65 and 70. I put on a H-D 7" wind splitter. It helped. At the same speeds I feel a steady force of wind instead of the buffeting. Now, I'm still not sold that this is the best windshield I could have chosen, but it did help and does look good, so I'm staying with it for now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429448197.258069.jpg

Good morning Chris.
I know you guys are talking 14s & 15s, but, on my 13, I use Long Ride Shields with the recurve. I'm 5'8" and a strong half when the sun is out and I have tried the 6.5", 8" Cee Baileys and now I run a 7" LRS. The recurve really helps. The wind now hits me on the top of my grape. In Wisconsin helmets are not required so I don't wear one. I can't help you there. Hope this helps some.

The Klockwerks flare will throw the wind up and over and it will move it around the sides really well. I have the 8.5, but compared to you I am a giant (just funning, I am only 5'10") I really like it.

I run a 7" Windsplitter and I 5'7".... IT's the only shield I have had other than stock and it made a good improvement. There could be better out there, but I am happy with what I have....

20150124_174453.jpg

This is one of the hardest things to get right as we are all different sized. I'm 6-1 and I have the 10 inch wind splitter and wish they made a 12 inch sometimes. Have short legs and long body so I'm going to go and test some more windshields this summer. Most dealerships or stores will let you test the windshield before you purchase. Some will make you buy one then go out and try several until your happy with one. I like the one I have but there are times when it's really windy and I could use just a little more height.

Good luck with your search and I hope we helped. Have a friend who tested 8 windshields before picking one the right one for himself.

I purchased the 7" Freedom Shield. Nice polished edges and does the job for moving the air up and away...But I think most will agree, to have even more comfort, you also need the Fork Wind Deflectors which keeps the air from moving up in your face. (See Spazz photo). It's the combination of the two that will make your riding experience more enjoyable. Hope this helps.

I'm like some others in here, I'm rocking the 7" HD Wind Splitter. I'm 5'6" and it puts the wind right up over my head and out of my eyes. I can wear my normal glasses when riding at night without worrying about them falling off anymore.

Sent from my phone.

Running the Clearview on mine WITH contact lenses . . . . no issues. :cool:

Anyone know anything about Memphis shade windshields? They seem thick & are around $100

Several of my riding buddies have them and love them. Memphis Shades has been at it a long time.

FYI to all. Long Ride Shields is having a "Sweet Vibes Spring Sale", 50% off all their windshields! Well worth taking advantage of if your in the market for a new windshield, I have three of their re-curve windshields and love them all, very thick with no vibration.
Order online at www.longrideshields.com and use discount code: SPNG5

FYI to all. Long Ride Shields is having a "Sweet Vibes Spring Sale", 50% off all their windshields! Well worth taking advantage of if your in the market for a new windshield, I have three of their re-curve windshields and love them all, very thick with no vibration.
Order online at www.longrideshields.com and use discount code: SPNG5

Thanks for the info Cookie- LRS also does custom etching as well. I have a friend that had them do the USMC globe on his.

Just ordered a shield from LRS, hard to pass up on it when they are having 45% off with the code Safety45. Ordered the Ultra 8" with dark tint.

I have a 7" LRS recurve on my SGS now and I love it would recommend LRS to anyone looking for a new windshield very thick and no vibration I recently hooked up a friend with the spring 50% off code and he just picked one up a 7" recurve from LRS for his 09 SG and he is very happy also hard to beat the price and quality of LRS windshields

Last edited:
LRS having a sale through Memorial Day.......everything at 60% off through Monday use code REMEMBER60............I love mine, works great!!

I've been using a 6" memphis shades windshield for about a year and i just now bought a LRS 10" clear. I'm going to use it when we go on longer rides hoping to break some of the wind & rain in the face... I will give a review when i receive it and get it on..... 60% off how can you pass that up......

I tried a 8.5 klock werks with the recurve - don't like it. Maybe it's too tall for me - looks cool and does block out more than stock, but sites right at eye level - looking over it seems too high and can't look thru it.
Ordered a smaller clearview - waiting for it to show up.
Anyone wanna take a klockwerks off my hands......??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith