Wisconsin/Minnesota Question

DebbieW

May 17, 2016
I am planning my 2018 summer trip and hope someone can help. We plan to ride from NJ to Wisconsin and hope to also ride in Minnesota. We will definitely stop in Milwaukee. Starting now since I need to figure out how many days so that we can all ask for the days off sooner rather than later.

I prefer to have a "home base" for a few days at a time and do a few day rides. I have done trips where it's a different hotel every night and it just sucks to pack the bike every day. With that being said, can anyone recommend a town to stay in where we can do a few day rides without having to pack the bike each day. Also if there is a place we can stay and be able to walk to restaurants/bars in the evening, that would work really well. Want to do a few days in Wisconsin and possibly a few days in Minnesota.

Any insight is very much appreciated.

I have ridden from Jersey to Wisconsin & Minnesota many times. Go up through Niagara falls, across Canada, through Michigan to Ludington, across Lake Michigan on the ferry to Manitowoc, WI. Then ride across Wisconsin and on into Minnesota. Look online for plenty of places to go.

Come to Prairie du Chien Wis and stay a couple nights.
From there you can run up the Great River Road,
or cross over into Iowa and take scenic 76 north into Minn.
Also from PDC you can head south to Cassville and take the Ferry across the Mississippi and come up the Iowa side and back.
Be sure to visit Balltown if you do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77