115th Anniversary SGS

NGOT8R

Feb 15, 2015
My wife and I stopped in at my local dealer today with intentions of buying a 2018 115th Anniversary SGS in Blue Denim and I got the shock of my life when they said they were asking $32,999 for it. That's crazy as hell! The dealers are referring to this bike as a specialty model (by way of the paint scheme), but in my eyes, it's a SGS which just happens to say 115th Anniversary on it, as it has no extra bells or whistles. Needless to say, we left empty handed. I am curious as to whether anyone knows of any dealerships that are selling this bike either at, or below the MSRP of $26,999 out the door?

Last edited:
My dealer has both the 115th streetglide and 115th Streetglide Special ($28k). I'm looking at the Streetglide version seriously (I like chrome). Keep looking- they're trying to take advantage because it's a "limited edition".

This all sounds like a cool thing now, but just wait until we get a few years down the road and it isn't cool anymore, and now everyone can tell how old your bike is just from the paint scheme. It's like when you see a 2003 bike now, and can instantly tell what it is, and it's nothing special. In fact, it's less desirable IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My wife and I stopped in at my local dealer today with intentions of buying a 2018 115th Anniversary SGS in Blue Denim and I got the shock of my life when they said they were asking $32,999 for it. That's crazy as hell! The dealers are referring to this bike as a specialty model (by way of the paint scheme), but in my eyes, it's a SGS which just happens to say 115th Anniversary on it, as it has no extra bells or whistles. Needless to say, we left empty handed. I am curious as to whether anyone knows of any dealerships that are selling this bike either at, or below the MSRP of $26,999 out the door?

In Mpls they had a black on Black for 28,000-can you say rip-off:mad::mad:

This all sounds like a cool thing now, but just wait until we get a few years down the road and it isn't cool anymore, and now everyone can tell how old your bike is just from the paint scheme. It's like when you see a 2003 bike now, and can instantly tell what it is, and it's nothing special. In fact, it's less desirable IMHO.

Ummm that's the point of the anniversary models is that they stand out. The only thing special is the paint scheme and badges, that's been the case with all of the anniversary models. I had a 2003 FXST in the gun metal blue paint scheme which was awesome. Actually sold it for $200 more than I paid for because of pain color!

Ummm that's the point of the anniversary models is that they stand out. The only thing special is the paint scheme and badges, that's been the case with all of the anniversary models. I had a 2003 FXST in the gun metal blue paint scheme which was awesome. Actually sold it for $200 more than I paid for because of pain color!
Yeah, but they only stand out in a good way for about 3 years. After that, they stand out in a bad way, as being old and dated. To each their own I guess

Going to pick up the new scoot tomorrow. My plan is to do a limited amount of mods like; Boom Audio II amp and fairing speakers, curved license plate mount and the Defiance Collection of grips, floorboards, shifter spools and brake pedal.

Does anyone know if the 2018's still have the same PITA to remove speaker pods, or has the design been revised?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
Very little has been done to 2018's other thn cosmetics. I doubt the pods have been changed.

Picked up the new SGS today and rode it home. About 227 miles into the ride, I stopped to fuel up and discovered an oil leak. It appears to be coming from the rear rocker box. I want, so badly to fix it myself, but I am not going to. It will be going to the dealership next week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Congrat's on the Bike, I really like that color. Much better than I thought I would. Be sure to get a good Matte Wash from one of the good guys. I can tell night and day when my buddy washes his or windex's it lol.

Also, cool number! Kinda Harleyish

Picked up the new SGS today and rode it home. About 227 miles into the ride, I stopped to fuel up and discovered an oil leak. It appears to be coming from the rear rocker box. I want, so badly to fix it myself, but I am not going to. It will be going to the dealership next week.
Congrats on the bike but sucks it's a leaker. Has this been a problem with new bikes? At least it is under warranty.

I know many who have the M8 including me with no leak issues and only a very few who have. Still, it does suck!!!!

I spoke to the service manager at the dealership today. They are going to pick the bike up from my residence, take it back to the shop and then deliver it back to me once repairs have been made. That will consist of 1032 total miles of driving for the dealership. Although this will be an inconvenience, it does make me feel as if they really want to get it right. I hope it's an easy and permanent fix and I get it back quickly.

Congrats on the bike but sucks it's a leaker. Has this been a problem with new bikes? At least it is under warranty.

Apparently this has been a problem with many of the 2017 and 2018 bikes. I found out from a local dealership that they have seen and dealt with this problem several times.

Apparently this has been a problem with many of the 2017 and 2018 bikes. I found out from a local dealership that they have seen and dealt with this problem several times.

It is a problem... My 2017 SGS leaked immediately from pick up. I took it to the dealer and as my luck would have it, I cleaned the bike before that, so there was no evidence of a leak. It did not leak while at the dealer. I did some riding and saw that the leak would only show up after a good ride. I rode it and took it to the dealer. They observed and told me to keep the bike and when it came in for the 500 mile check up, they would do it then. After my 500 mile check up, no more leaks.

Ngot8r, that’s a great looking bike, I like the paint color. Dam that leak though, that sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77