12" bars on 2017 Street Glide

I put a set set of 14 yafee bars on my 15 sgs being my first set I made it a lot easier by just getting me some 12 gauge wire and cut the plugs off that stays in the bars and soldiered 8 inch extensions and heat shrink tubing around the connector made it extreamily easier about pulling threw the bars almost 20k miles no problems it took about 3 and half hours and used burly brand 4 inch over stock stainless cables

I'm 6'1" and i look under my hands and see the stock mirrors fine. Certainly it'll be a preference if you want to keep the clean look or go with other mounted mirrors.

It's my 1st Street Glide and it took me 5 1/2 hours to do. And i'm not a mechanic by any stretch. My opinion is if i could have gotten the labor cost quote for under $650 i would have let someone do it. Just my personal opinion and preference.

I was able to see my mirrors under my arms, I didn't like it though so I installed Kuryakyn mirrors on top of the levers. I don't think the 5 hrs is unreasonable but personally I'd rather do it myself. Watch an install video before you decide. As Sarge-glide eluded too, its not a hard install. Just think of what else you can buy with the extra cash. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469