15 SG 16" Bars

sportfiend

Jun 7, 2020
Just curious ... looking to put 16 inch bars on ... I am 5' 11" and wanted to know if anybody else has this and how they ride and feel... looking at pics the bars seem high and I have myself second guessing if its the right move. any input would be greatly appreciated

I'm 6ft tall and put KST customs 12" bars on and they sit like a 14" and are very comfortable. It's all preference but you really don't want your hands above your shoulders

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GO for 12

GO for 12

C7D0053A-4D23-42FA-870D-24ED40143D26.jpg5ACEB80B-180C-4E17-8B89-51CAE9C44FD4_1_201_a.jpg

If I had to give an opinion id say don't go higher than 14. they are already putting your hands directly in the wind. I put them on my 2011 and Loved it but on the new bike im going 12 inches and adding handlebar mounter mirrors.

the 14s give you a real aggressive look... and the ride is decent on ling distances. but your Hands will go numb eventually with the circulation fighting gravity.

the pics attached are my 2011.. I had to look under my arms to see out the mirrors.... that got old quick

Running 16 inch on mine and love them. Best thing to do is sit on some bikes that have the different height and make your decision based on what feels good for you. I'm 6-1 with a long torso and these are the best fit for me. Most will tel you after they put bars on they wish they would have put taller after riding it for a while. The other thing to consider is the bars you get as they are all different by brand. The big thing is the cost difference between 14's and 16's because with teh 16's on 2014 and newer bikes you have to replace all your hydraulic lines. I have the stock mirrors on my bike and they work really good but I look under to use them.

I'm 6'2 and love my 16s but it's the only size I've used. The stock bars felt strange to me. One thing to consider is your fists blocking your forward side view a little. I double check for cars at intersections. I've got a few surprises. Embarressing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith