2 into 1 pipe on a 2014 Street Glide Special

Sandwiz

Jan 14, 2020
Does anyone know of tried and true modifications done to a 2 into 1 pipe that just improves it?

For Instance, I had a 2001 V-Star 1100 on which one of the modifications that was a solid mod to a 2 to 1 pipe for that bike was to pull the wrapping off the baffle and drill an 1.5” hole in the center of the baffle which improved the flow and the sound. A smaller hole or a bigger hole were undesirable it was an 1.5” hole in the center baffle plug for best results in performance and the wrap was all about sound.
and Yes this mod was proven on a Dyno or Dyno’s if you like, and the why in that world, it is a standard mod for that bike and pipe.
Anything like that for a 2 into 1 on a 2014 Street Glide Special?

Or, does this just move into the world of special mods and tuning?
Tn other words, for me! Don’t do anything to the pipe that isn’t factory!

and a P.S. to that is

this pipe has a fiber glass wrap on half of the baffle, and what is more like steel wool on the back half of the baffle which seems strange to me.

Can anyone explain to me the reasoning of this type of wrapping technology?

all about sound? spark arresting? back pressure? and or a combination of all of that?

anything you can tell me about this and its good\bad would be welcomed!

Thanks...

I had 2into 1 Reinhart pipe on my 2015. Pipe was great. Added Hp and torque. It the back pressure that helps. I wouldn’t remove anything from the pipe. Just weekens it.
I also like the look of a 2 into 1!

Check out https://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/

They are a long time sponsor and will give you a good deal on a pipe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77