2014 SGS with adjustable drivers backrest

JimmyK

Dec 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a pretty simple question but I could not find the answer in the previous posts.
I have a 2014 SGS. I purchased an after market adjustable backrest, the kind with a lever that you could release to make the back rest fold forward so the passenger has an easier time dismounting from the bike. Installation is pretty straight forward, but I could have sworn I saw a video on this site that showed someone doing it. Has anyone else seen it and could provide a link? I just want to make sure I am mounting the switch in the correct location.

Since this is a second hand kit, there is also supposed to be a piece of material that is missing, that goes on the back of the slot in the seat, to protect it from the spring tearing and digging into the seat. Does anyone know what kind of material I could use to protect that part of the seat and what to use to get it to adhere to the seat?

Thanks in advance
JimmyK

That piece that sticks to the seat is just a thin piece of plastic. If you look up the adjustable backrest on the Harley site you will find the part number. I bought one earlier this year to stick to my new saddle. It was only a couple dollars. I found the info.
Seat protector, adhesive backed, 3 1/2 x 3 in

Here's the HD directions; https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/1269647105564150934?locale=en_US

I looked through a couple videos that just droned on and on and never showed that seat piece, and figured it was easier to just go take a picture for you. It protects your inner seat from rubbing on the back side of the bracket, IamKnuckles is correct, it's just thin plastic, if you have your own piece of thin plastic just use gorilla glue to stick it on.

inner-seat.jpg

Here's some install videos to see the switch location; https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=harley+adjustable+rider+backrest

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469