2015 Bar adjustment

Alanjames

Aug 28, 2021
I bought my 15SGS a few months ago. The bars may have been replaced with a little taller bars I’m not sure. I do know that they are so far forward that they are almost touching the fairing. I want to loosen bars clamp and pull the back a little bit. I read that I can remove that cover that sits right in front of the ignition switch and loosen the 2 bottom bolts on the clamp just enough to pull the bars back. I tried this with every tool I had. Standard Allen wrench, thandle Allen wrench. Some suggested ball end Allen wrench. I may go to see what I can but today. Any one know the Allen head size for this handle bar clamps? Anyone have any tips for me on how to get these loosened? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Try using a cordless driver with hammer feature. You know, a basic makita or Milwaukie gun. Its surprising how just a little vibration will loosen difficult fasteners.

Thanks ! I picked up some long ball end hex keys yesterday. Haven’t considered using an impact driver but that’s a good idea

Well the long ball end Allen sockets worked perfectly. Took the bottom bezel off (right behind the ignition switch. The ball end Allen socket loosened the bottom two bolts and the bars eased right down. Readjusted the controls and done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77