2015 SG full suspension upgrade is complete!

rv7garage

Apr 12, 2015
As the title says, front and rear have been upgraded. Supershox on the rear, and Legend Axeo monotubes in the forks.

I installed the Supershox first, and went out in search of all the bumps I could find. The Supershox made a really tangible difference, soaking up bumps much better than the factory air-adjustable ones ever did. They're easily adjustable, and I am currently at 1.5 turns on the adjustment collars... Might go all the way up to setting 2 for solo riding, with lots of preload left on the table for 2-up and heavy touring. So, big improvement there.

Then I went ahead and removed the forks and installed the Legend Axeo monotubes. Per their recommendation, for my weight and type of riding, I left them set at the factory "zero turns" setting. Took my first ride with them yesterday, and am very impressed! R/R tracks, bridge joints, potholes- the front suspension now just soaks these things up and asks for more. The Axeos are expensive, but very much worth it IMO.

I think this combo of the Legend front end and the Supershox in the rear is a real winner. The bike is safer, more comfortable, more capable and more predictable on less-than-perfect road surfaces.

If anyone has any questions about the Supershox or the Legend Axeo monotubes, please let me know :cool:

Really looking to upgrade my rear shocks on my 14 SG, the ride is horrible, back kills me when I hit bumps. I heard of progressives being one of the upgrades, never heard of supershox. How's the ride, and if you don't mind, what they set you back?

Sorry for the late reply. The Supershox give a really nice cushy ride for me as a solo, when set at position "2". Took my wife for a couple hundred mile ride last weekend and set them at position "4" and she commented on how nice the ride was. These things really do the trick for me. They gave me a Veteran's discount, but are normally $630 for the pair. Truly $$ well spent in my opinion. :)

Just joined the forum. 2015 Street Glide Special. Slowly, but surely, it's turning a bit into a CVO. I'm looking to upgrade the suspension and right now looking at Legend REVO-A for the back and the Axeo for the front. Was also entertaining an overall one inch drop in the processes.

I'm guessing I won't loose any travel and I'm really don't ride in a manner that would cause me to get up on my pipe (but, I could be wrong).

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with a one inch drop NOT using crap shocks and what they thought. At 6 foot and 235, I'm not doing this to reach the ground easier.

I purchased the Legend Revo-A 13" (standard) setting at 2 of 4 single and 2 up. What a difference! I am 6' and 190. Excellent choice - life time warranty.
Next will be the Front with Legend Axeo Monotubes (also can choice setting during install).
Hey rv7garage did you install the fronts yourself?

Just installed the Supershox. Like them very much. Ride is great. Now I have to do the forks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith