2017 CVO SG with 117 kit

NGOT8R

Feb 15, 2015
My brother has been in the market for a 2017 SGS, but has been considering the 2017 CVO SG too. On my way back from Memphis, I stopped at Lawless HD to peek in on them and see how the installation of a 117 kit was coming along on their new 2017 CVO SG. I spoke with several people about the project (including the parts manager). Here's what I found to be very interesting. He recommended doing the 114 kit on the 107 instead of the 117, because the 117 was more labor intensive, in that the motor has to come out of the bike to have a new crank installed, whereas the 114 can be done with the bottom end of the motor in the bike. Now for performance. The parts guy showed me dyno graphs of the 114 and 117 combo and they both make 110 hp (with the 114 slightly edging out the 117 by half a hp or so). The 117 made somewhere in the neighborhood of 115 tq and the 114 made about 5 ft-lbs less than that. I was really shocked to see that these numbers are right where my 2015 107 numbers are. Needless to say, I'm pleased with what I have. I didn't ask what this revamped CVO stickered for before the 117 kit was installed, but was told that it sold for $47,000.00 with the 117 kit in it.

Last edited:
The CVO already comes with the 114 in it so why would they completely tear down a newly designed engine for three more cubic inches, and completely void the warranty while they were at it?

The parts guy showed me dyno graphs of the 114 and 117 combo and they both make 110 hp (with the 114 slightly edging out the 117 by half a hp or so). The 117 made somewhere in the neighborhood of 115 tq and the 114 made about 5 ft-lbs less than that. I was really shocked to see that these numbers are right where my 2015 107 numbers are.

With a red line below 6000 rpm, 4 valves and two spark plugs will not add much peak HP. They do help the torque curve and emissions so performance is improved. New cams yet to be developed will show the full potential.

The CVO already comes with the 114 in it so why would they completely tear down a newly designed engine for three more cubic inches, and completely void the warranty while they were at it?

That's the same question I had. Apparently, Lawless HD's owner is a performance enthusiast, who likes to venture into uncharted territory when it comes to trying new things to gain more power. The bike will come with a warranty though. Here are comparison dyno graphs for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Warranty is maintained with the Stag3 kit on both models, and will include extended warranty. That is, if you upgrade 107 to 114, or 114 to 117, it maintains your warranty and is covered under extended warranty if you get it. I checked.

Warranty is maintained with the Stag3 kit on both models, and will include extended warranty. That is, if you upgrade 107 to 114, or 114 to 117, it maintains your warranty and is covered under extended warranty if you get it. I checked.

I was told the same, the caveat being the parts must be all Screamin Eagle no after market parts to maintain the warranty.

That's true, that also includes the software(ECm tuner). Since the EPA lawsuit they had to pay, if you put anything but theirs, they will void your warranty

I was told the same, the caveat being the parts must be all Screamin Eagle no after market parts to maintain the warranty.

Thats an insane amt of cash to drop . My friend just bought a beautiful cvo 2017 and his wife hates the seat ?? he paid 38g's I just ordered a 2017 jeep Rubicon hard rock edition for the same kind of money . It seems to just get to the point of ridiculousness , to each their own I guess just my .02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77