2017 SGS - Seat rec

Jakruti

Nov 28, 2016
Howdy,

Just bought a 2017 Black SGS.
What solo seats ya'll ridin'?

Last edited:
Welcome to the fun. Don't have a single seat but had a gels pad put in the stock seat and it's good for a 1000 mile day now. Was a lot cheaper then a new seat will cost also and I use a back rest with mine.

Where did you get the gel pad installed in your stock seat??? I'm very interested in that...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Had a shop in Reno install it I think the cost was 125.00 on special at an event. Made all the difference in the world for comfort. Took them about half an hour to do the install while I watched.

Welcome to the fun. Don't have a single seat but had a gels pad put in the stock seat and it's good for a 1000 mile day now. Was a lot cheaper then a new seat will cost also and I use a back rest with mine.

Tom do you have a pic of this setup?

Looks just like your stock seat not change in appearance. They pull the cover off notch out the foam for the gel pad to fit and put it back together.

I'm riding a drag specialties solo seat with the flame stitch. Moved me down and back to accommodate for my long leggedness as I could not operate the foot controls comfortably with the stock seat. Looks great and is a quality product.

Mustang lowdown solo with backrest. Dropped me down about 1" and forward about a 1/2". Backrest sure helps the lower back on extended rides. Mustang makes quality seats, and comfort is on par with the original SGS seat.

I have had a Mustang solo on every HD I have owned. We never ride 2 up as wife has a SG as well. I like the looks of the solo, it unwraps the rear fender and just looks leaner IMHO

Posted in the CVO section but will ask here also, is there a difference between standard SG solo seat from Corbin and one for the CVO SG? Talking 2017 model year. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith