2019 Model logic

The bigger issue facing HD right now is their idiotic decision to boost prices significantly. Dealers are up in arms and struggling. The demographic age group HD seeks isn't much interested in MC's nor can they afford them! :confused:

The bigger issue facing HD right now is their idiotic decision to boost prices significantly. Dealers are up in arms and struggling. The demographic age group HD seeks isn't much interested in MC's nor can they afford them! :confused:

Yep, I’ve had 5 hds in the last 10 years. Sometimes 2 at once. But my buying days are over. When a streetglide is
30,000 that’s more than I can afford!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People are bashing Harley because they deserve it. We're all Harley riders that love our bikes. We see what is happening, and what should be happening. They need to change the frame, and stop raising the price when they give us a few upgrades that should have been standard to begin with.
Indian is coming fast and hard, and that new chieftain is a bike to be considered. I haven't seen one bad review on it yet. Harley needs to get it together quickly. I do like the new models coming out, but they have to be comparable to other bikes in their class. Adventure riders, and naked bike riders are not going to buy it just because it says HD on the side.

Last edited:
It's true some finishes are perhaps to review, still earn more money for less service but the other brands BMW, HONDA, etc ... it's the same thing.
As for INDIAN, these bikes are beautiful, it's on but normal they look a lot like our HD and with the same problems.

If I have a fault on a new bike, paint or other ect ... the dealership replaces the room without any problem.
Out of warranty, I do all maintenance or repairs myself or with the help of friends

C'est vrai certaines finitions sont peut-être Ã* revoir, toujours gagner plus d'argent pour moins de service mais les autre marques BMW, HONDA, etc... c'est la même chose.
Pour ce qui est D'INDIAN ,ces motos sont belles, c'est sur mais normal elles ressemble beaucoup Ã* nos HD et avec les mêmes problèmes.

Si j'ai un défaut sur une moto neuve, peinture ou autres ect... le dealership me remplace la pièce sans aucun problème.
Hors garantie, je fais tous les entretiens ou réparations moi-même ou avec l'aide de copains

People are bashing Harley because they deserve it. We're all Harley riders that love our bikes. We see what is happening, and what should be happening. They need to change the frame, and stop raising the price when they give us a few upgrades that should have been standard to begin with.
Indian is coming fast and hard, and that new chieftain is a bike to be considered. I haven't seen one bad review on it yet. Harley needs to get it together quickly. I do like the new models coming out, but they have to be comparable to other bikes in their class. Adventure riders, and naked bike riders are not going to buy it just because it says HD on the side.

I agree the cost of the special SGS special is ridiculous for what you get over the standard but the standard is pretty much in line with what it cost the year before and is inline with most of the competition including the chieftain. Working as a cost estimator for over 15 years still amazes me that people are shocked that prices for pretty much everything go up every year, why should HD be any different? Indian is not coming fast or hard, they are just too damn ugly. I'm not saying they are better or worse than HD I'm just saying A LOT of people can't get over the look of them to even see if they are better than HD. On top of that a lot of people classify them as a Polaris, not an Indian. I was stopped by the Indian dealer a few weeks ago because I was in the neighborhood killing time and I will admit they have some nice features but I just can't get over the looks of them. I think the cost of the new bikes will be right inline with the competition. The top selling BMW and KTM adventure bikes are not cheap at all so the Pan America should be just fine if it is on par in the performance department. Let's face it all motorcycles "that people actually want" are expensive from street to dirt.

I didn't buy a Harley as my first bagger cause it was a Harley. I bought it cause I liked it better than everything else available.
I looked at the Indians pretty hard but the only one I really cared for was the Scout,and the baggers all cost as much( usually more) than a Harley.(CVOs not withstanding)
But,if I ever need a small bike again I'd buy a Scout in a second.

I know this an old post but, a 2020 Indian Challenger Limited is looking real good, it already comes with good accessories that you would take off a street glide and and throw away.
I'm not running to an Indian dealership, just an observation of mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01