Annoying fairing vibration & squeaking

Redtop

Oct 18, 2015
I have 2 issues I've been chasing on my 2016 SGS with 11k miles.
1. Squeaks like a bastard over bumps of any kind as well as when at idle & when feathering the clutch to creep forward. i have tightened every nut a bolt I can find & changed the engine stabilizer rod after cleaning the stock one as suggested elsewhere on this forum. It's still there & its obnoxious.
If that's not enough -
2. When i throttle off I get a buzz from my fairing like a swarm of bees. I have a 6.5 " Klockworks , it's new & its tight . Again I've checked everything for tightness.If I grab the fairing by the bottom of the vent opening its less but not gone
I'm about to pull the outer fairing off but before i do
Anyone have either of these issues?

Thanks

On the 2000 electraglide i had the inner fairing mount had cracked,kinda a sheet type bracket,not sure on the 14 and up mounting though.

had same problem. Found fairing bracket to speaker hitting cage of speaker. loosen screw and reposition bracket then tighten screw.

Could also be your vent making the noise. When they first put the vent in they had a recall repair for those. Maybe a couple older threads on here for it.

I now have the same issue with my 2015 FLHXS since I changed the tires at 12,500 miles.

Might be brake and clutch lines rubbing on inner fairing where they pass through.

Sharing my past similar issues:
* The fairing vent flapper was buzzing / vibrating at speeds over 45 mph. Warranty replacement.
* A whistle coming from juke box pocket ceased when I stuffed foam around it behind the outer fairing.
* Low or no front shock oil.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith