Another rear shock question

Gspot

Sep 28, 2017
Replaced my stock shocks already and now have a spare set of shocks in a box. Can I have the dealership fix them? Has anybody tried and if so how do the shocks work?

I am asking if anybody has had the dealer “fix” the stock shocks. The slave shock works the shock with the dampener does not compress.
Has anyone tried fixing the shocks or just replaced?

Maybe the question will mean more to another. I would assume you need to list a year as well since there is nothing in your signature or question for which model. I know that some people change shocks because aftermarket are better all around, some change on the street glide to a 13" vs. the 12" to get more travel.

I ride pretty hard, and just adjusted the rear and rebuilt the forks to my needs for my 14 SGS and my 17 SGCVO. I've never heard of anyone getting the dealer to "fix" the design/operation of the OEM shock.

My mistake
2017 Street Glide Special

Tried the adjuster knob even had a buddy twice my size sit on the bike with me on the back 350 400 lbs) couldn’t get the shocks to compress. Tried compressing the shock off bike.

There is a couple threads on here about shocks. The sky is the limit as far as what you want to change to air or hydraulic. Some have added the 13 inch to get another inch of travel. If the shock wouldn't compress at all I would take it bake to the dealer. I adjust mine if I remember for riding 1 or 2 up and I keep it around 8 riding by myself but I weight 220.

Already replace the shocks with ohlins. Huge improvement in ride quality.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdsmojo