anyone have the Legends Axeo fork cartridges.?

20vividblack13

Oct 5, 2015
I was looking into the Legend Axeo fork cartridges, Not much info about them, But what I hear is all good. Was wondering if anyone on here has tried them.,

well I bit the bullet and ordered the fork cartridges, came in yesterday , got front end tore down, cleaned,now I'm ready to install maybe tonite or tomorrow...

Great. Looking forward to eating your experience with the install and resulting ride.

Install was really easy, if you have ever done a rebuild on forks,this is super easy. my forks were in great shape ,so I didn't change the seals. the hardest part was getting the oil in the forks. slow and easy,did I say sssssslllllooooowwwwww,lol. haven't given it a test yet cuz my curiosity kept kicking in, I bought the bike used and didn't know for sure what was in the cam chest,cams were correct but cam bearings were still the ina,so they had to come out and torringtons are goin back in.so im waiting on the tools to get here,had everything but the installer..ordered from Georges Garage,be here in a few days. I will definitely give a ride report when I get a few hundred on it. I also took the time to install the rockout rocker lockers in the rocker arm assembly,wasn't real noisy but got worse as it heated up,also gonna do a report on those when I get done..

Installed the Legends Axeo fork cartridges, Install was easy.took a few hundred mile ride over the weekend and all I can say is dayum,these rock.very little brake dive,eats bumps,very smooth handling, I am well pleased. I know there are others out there, I physically looked at some.These Legend are really well made.I'm satisfied with them,I would recommend them.The stock front end really,really sucks.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are liking the AXEO Fork Kit....we've been selling a lot of these lately and all of the feedback I have received is right in line with your review.

Enjoy and ride safe!!

Lindsey :0)

Put the Axeo suspension kit in last week. It is like a new bike, handling is what it should be. Quick moves, long sweepers and hard stops are no problem. Harley's attitude about using a 50 year old design should keep people like Legend's in business for a long time. The photo is of the stock spring setup. For the people that have been around awhile they don't look much different from the stuff they were using 60 years ago. Pretty easy install. You will need a long 12mm hex for the lower legs and a 19mm for the fork cap. I did pick up a motion pro seal driver which made setting the top bushing and new seals a breeze, around $45.

Bought the front end from Lindsey at Iron Aces along with a pair of suspension technologies rear shocks. Best price and excellent service, Thank you Lindsey!
View attachment 9902

I've been thinking about upgrading to these also , then I'll want the rear shocks to go with it I'm sure LOL

I weigh bout 195, I put the preload I think 4 turns.? somewhere in that area,maybe 4 1/2...really love the front end handling and ride is great, now gotta figure out what to do with the rear, I have xotic customs on now,liking them better since I added the air pressure gauge, a lot better finding the sweet spot, but has me wondering if ,and iknow, it could be better.would love to try the legend aero a shocks with rebound adjustment,but that's a lot of $$$$

I have brand new set if your interested? Aero A. love it! have the setup on my bike. have had legend on all my bikes will never use something else. also have the Axeo 1 inch lower fork cart.

I just received the Axeo inserts and will install them in a day or two. Can anyone tell me, is the preload set at zero from Legend? Seems like the adjustment collars are already turned about an inch away from full stop. Thanks-

Installed the Legends Axeo fork cartridges, Install was easy.took a few hundred mile ride over the weekend and all I can say is dayum,these rock.very little brake dive,eats bumps,very smooth handling, I am well pleased. I know there are others out there, I physically looked at some.These Legend are really well made.I'm satisfied with them,I would recommend them.The stock front end really,really sucks.

I’m about about to get this kit with the 1in drop. Would you recommend i take bike to shop, or attempt to do on my own. Looks pretty advanced. Is it something a novice could do? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is thinking about upgrading to Legend AXEO I highly recommend it, I got mine done with 1" lowered, first I thought I made a mistake by doing that and worried that front fender will hit when I go over huge bumps. I went over several huge bumps since upgrade and not a single scratch or dent on the front fender. I am extremely pleased with the upgrade. I am ready to swap out my rear shocks with 13" Legend Revo soon.......

I had a shop did the upgrade...

If anyone is thinking about upgrading to Legend AXEO I highly recommend it, I got mine done with 1" lowered, first I thought I made a mistake by doing that and worried that front fender will hit when I go over huge bumps. I went over several huge bumps since upgrade and not a single scratch or dent on the front fender. I am extremely pleased with the upgrade. I am ready to swap out my rear shocks with 13" Legend Revo soon.......

I had a shop did the upgrade...

Thanks!

I just got AXEOs with the 1" drop and 13" REVO A's, the AXEOs are here now and the REVO A's come tomorrow then it's all going in this weekend. I look forward to my bike riding like it should.
If you're in the market for a suspension and you're thinking about Legends, call Lindsey @ Iron Aces and mention you're a member here. Best prices you'll find and Lindsey is a pleasure to deal with.

I just got AXEOs with the 1" drop and 13" REVO A's, the AXEOs are here now and the REVO A's come tomorrow then it's all going in this weekend. I look forward to my bike riding like it should.
If you're in the market for a suspension and you're thinking about Legends, call Lindsey @ Iron Aces and mention you're a member here. Best prices you'll find and Lindsey is a pleasure to deal with.

That’s good to know especially if their price is cheaper than the $750.00

Thanks so much for the shout-out @Lammas ... glad to hear you are happy with your new set-up. The Legend's aren't cheap but they are certainly a great investment if you want a quality ride. Shoot us a private message or an email at Lindsey @ IronAcesSpeedShop.com (no spaces) if you're in the market.

Ride safe!!

Lindsey :0)

That’s good to know especially if their price is cheaper than the $750.00

Yeah, she'll do better than that, enough to put a big ole smile on your face and make you think of her again when it's time to put the REVOs in the back. Give her a call when you're ready.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave