Bar installation, now no throttle response at all

HazyCheetah24v

May 28, 2020
whats up guys, new to the whole forum world and owning a street glide. had a '12 flhx for about 2 years now, finally upgrading the bars :cool:
put 14" la chopper twin peak bars on, with the 15" burly brand cable and wiring kit. i ended up getting the wrong kit for abs and i dont have abs, so really, at least to my knowledge, only thing that was different were the brake cables. i ended up getting a new brake cable for a non abs bike, and boom everything was cool. until i put the bike back together and i have no throttle response what-so-ever.
anyone have this problem before? if so what was the resolution. not trying to drop more money into it but at the same time i will if it means i can finally get it back out on the road...

please and thank you for the help.

One thing you might do is check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) there are 4 types P,C,B,U.

2015 FLHXS Amber Whiskey; Thunder Max Tuner with Stage 1; Screaming Eagle air cleaner; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust mufflers; Ceramic coated headers; LED turn / run lights front & rear.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One thing you might do is check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) there are 4 types P,C,B,U.

2015 FLHXS Amber Whiskey; Thunder Max Tuner with Stage 1; Screaming Eagle air cleaner; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust mufflers; Ceramic coated headers; LED turn / run lights front & rear.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just did that last night, i pulled all codes that relate to the twist grip sensor (TGS). im gonna get a new one, but im gonna try to make my current one work first. its just hard to get the cluster of wires out of the bars without what seems to be going to mess up the wires...

Well I just went through this myself as well. I assume you are getting codes P1510 and P2138 before you pull your wires out check your connection at the plug and make sure your wires are plugged in all the way and in the correct spot. Usually the green connector plug is the issue as it gets caught in the peak of the bars you may be able to check it without pulling all the wires completely out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469