Bars

txschwab

May 16, 2016
Hello to all.
I just came off a heritage classic for the last couple of years, and a ultra classic before that. Now on my first street glide, and wonder why I had anything else all those years. I however, think they put the worst bars in the world on them. Im 5'10", and leaning towards 12" Yaffe monkey bars. I love the look, and heard they are comfortable. However, my concern is will this put my hands back up in the wind? Is there a better option for comfort, and looks? would 10" be better, and just change the mirrors?
We are leaving next month for Bear tooth pass 3500 miles in 7 days, so needing to do something soon.
Thanks in advance, enjoying reading every one experiences on here.

Welcome from Va
I don't have an answer to your question but i'm sure someone will soon

I have the 12" ymb's and am also 5'10" I like them. The top of your hands will feel some wind, but not like the 14's. The 10's will keep you completely out of the wind. If I had had to do it over again I would stay with the 12's. The biggest thing is to be there when they are getting mounted so they are in the right position for you.

I went with LA 10" to avoid bars over the fairing and so far I am loving it.....I thought about 12" but just looks weird that bars coming over the fairing....that's just me.

Aside from looking strange over the fairing I don't think wind will be a problem on 12".....but if you live in colder climate it may not work best.

I am 5' 11"

Welcome from down the road, that's quite a trip !
I love the bike, but the stock setup was terrible for me, I'm 6'. Comfort were my biggest modifications..... You'll find all kinds of bars here.
I went with Khrome Werks +2 Sweeper Bar Narrow to keep the stock mirrors and raise it a little and Tall Boy floorboards.
Be Safe..

Welcome to the fun. Lots of different bars out there to choose from just not sure you will have them in a month. Waited for 9 months for a set of 16 monkey bars that never showed. I would check for availability that may change the brand you get.

Good luck and keep us posted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77