Better gas mileage at 1000 miles

wallacem

Jul 23, 2016
I have a new 2016 Street glide, and have been disappointed with the mileage, running about 41-42mpg normal riding. After 1000 miles, checked it last weekend on a 170 mile trip, taking it easy, holding it to speed limit, about half 55, and half 65mph. Checked at 47.5 mpg. Only mod is Magnaflow slip ons. I can live with that. Wallacem in Ga.

Last edited:
You may end up being disappointed. After 17,000 miles I have learned that I probably average 38- 40 mpg. If you are riding at 55- 65 mph in 6th gear, the bike is probably going to suck juice. The only time I am in 6th gear is 75 mph or greater for an extended period of time. I have the 4” Rineharts, Vance & Hines Power Duals, and FP3 tuner. Last year when I rode to Sturgis, I kept a mileage/fuel log and ended up about 40- 42 mpg.

One thing I have recently noticed: when I fill up and press the trip switch (left side controls),and scroll until the speedo displays ‘R’- which indicates how many miles remain in the tank, it will go to about between 187- 205, where it used to read 237, 240, 245 or so. Not sure what that means. Even when I fill up to the brim, the display will only go as high as 213 or so.

Klmack...is absolutely correct. I have a 2015 and since my mods I get between 38-41 mpg sometimes 35 if I am hard on it. I have header/mufflers and a tuner upgrade...

It also varies which Town/State you're in. I get much better gas mileage and remaining miles outside of Texas (ARK/COLO). Recently is COLO the remaining miles aid 326 ! Usually 240 here.

When I fill up, I rock the bike sidi to side and back and forth a few times while topping off. I get more in the tank that way. my average is 44-48 mpg.

That was one of the first things I noticed on the ride home from the dealership when I bought it. I swear I could see the gas needle moving.lol
Just wait 'til you make some performance mods....maybe mine just went down that much more because I'm twisting the throttle more now.

Hell why worry about MPG. Just get on it and ride and have fun. Putting 5 gals of gas isnt going to kill you. If you worry about a couple of dollars more your paying in gas. Your on the wrong bike.
Just my .02. Be safe.

Hell why worry about MPG. Just get on it and ride and have fun. Putting 5 gals of gas isnt going to kill you. If you worry about a couple of dollars more your paying in gas. Your on the wrong bike.
Just my .02. Be safe.

I'm with Mark....I don't worry about gas mileage...if I were, I'd get a SMART car....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith