Blue Ridge Parkway Trip

2015FlHXS

Aug 29, 2015
I'm planning a trip to the dragon via the BRP from Michigan. Curious if anyone thinks that a 250 mile day on the BRP is too long? I'm planning a day ride from Galax,VA to Maggie Valley, NC. Will stay the night and then a day to the Dragon for a few runs before heading back north. Also any info on weather during the last half of September.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Chris

Depending on time and season. Just know that The Parkway is Federal so speeding can have different consequences. A Ranger humbled my partner when he ask him if he knew where the hell he was and what it meant. The Ranger told my Buddy, " I am supposed to take your ass to jail in Virginia till you see the Judge on Monday, but Monday is a Holiday, unless of course you have $2200.00 cash bond in your wallet. Do you have $2200.00 on you? Then I suggest you slow the hell down. " We were doing 10 over when he pulled my partner. He pointed and screamed at me to keep going when I started to pull over and stop with them. Figured he had a partner waiting for me but stopped and waited after about 5 minutes. That was in the late 80's but it left a lasting impression on me.
I am riding up to Pisgah 09/30 then heading for Suches the next day. Still want to ride the Pkwy to the Shenandoha Valley. Hitting Campgrounds then day riding.
I don't speed on the parkway so 250 miles would be a long day for me.

I'm heading up in a few weeks. Leaving Asheville up BRP to VA and back down to Boone, NC on day 2. Looks to be about 230 miles, 5 1/5 hr. If you can catch me, I'll buy you a beer !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469