Brake pedal sticking

excoppa

Jan 26, 2019
I have a 2017 Street Glide special. recently my brake pedal started sticking. I am in South Carolina and it got a bit chilly out and that's when it started. Sprayed some WD-40 on it and worked for a day. Anyone else have this problem, and what's the fix? Thanks

hello just found this post
if you are still having this problem pull the brake petal off and add some good grease to the shaft and bushing
this should solve the problem
also when you have it off check for and burrs that may be the cause
harley should have put a zerk fitting on this so that pulling to grease would not be required
there are several after market replacements that come with a zerk fitting and are better than the stock one
this was one of the first things i replaced on my bike
hope this helps you
mule

I have a 2017 Street Glide special. recently my brake pedal started sticking. I am in South Carolina and it got a bit chilly out and that's when it started. Sprayed some WD-40 on it and worked for a day. Anyone else have this problem, and what's the fix? Thanks

Don't ever use WD-40 as a lubricant. It sets up into a sticky varnish like substance when it dries. It's great to spray on a shovel or other garden tools when you put them away to prevent rusting. Check out the sticky varnish like coating after the shovel has been hanging up for a few days.

hello hulkss
you are so right about the wd-40
it is not a lube the wd stands for water displacement
i am a gunsmith and can tell you some stories of guns that have come in the shop that would not operate from being cleaned with wd-40
one customer brought in 3 at one time all semi auto rifles
wanted to know if i could fix them after i looked at them i told him the problem was he used wd-49 to clean them
he asked how do you know that them i showed him the varnish build up that was causing his problems

mule

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiefIronHorse