Broken Monroe Air Shock

arizaino

Nov 9, 2016
I installed Monroe DIY system and it works great. It has worked great for months. I just experienced a broken shock. The right side shock is broken at the top mount. The mount has broken off from the shock. Within a month of replacing the broken shock with a new Monroe shock, the shock on the left side broke the same way. Anyone else have this happen to them? Not sure what would cause the shock to break, a possible bad batch?? :confused:

Can't remember where but I have seen something about this happening to others that have used the monroe shocks. There maybe a thread on here somewhere if you do a search.

I had mine welded all around the mount. Before installing them. If you look at all the companies that make them thats what they do.

I didn't know Monroe made shocks for Harleys. Obviously there is an issue with the welds but how are they compared to Progressive?

They Dont Did;nt like the air ride . Went with a pair of Super Shox Very happy with them.

I really cant understand what Im reading..They work great. They worked great for awhile. Then they broke? Holy ****! Both of them!Sounds like theyre all bad!

Post is over a year old! Get them welded and you're good to go. Mine have 25K on them and no issues!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith