Cam Question....

Stl-BooDog

Sep 28, 2016
I have a 2017 Street Glide Special...

Last year I added the stage 2 torque cam and tuned at a local dealer with the Screamin eagle street tuner... Wasn't impressed with the final Dyno numbers (Power= 85.4, Torque = 100.3) I'm still using the stock headers, so i'm not sure how much of a negative effect this has on the dyno numbers.

Looking at the Cam comparison Fuel Moto has published, im thinking of adding the Woods WM8-22X , Dynojet Power Vision and Jackpot head pipes

My question is could I get similar results by adding Power Vision and Jackpot headers and keep the HD torque cam??? Not looking for exact numbers, a few more of less wouldn't bother me...

What do you think???

Last edited:
I think there is more power left in your current combination, but the SE tuner is what is holding you back. HD is very conservative with their tunes ever since they got into trouble with the EPA. If you just added a better tuner and had someone actually tune it on the dyno, you would make more power. Add on a 2 into 1 header and you should see somewhere in the neighborhood of 90-93 hp and maybe 104-107 tq.

NGOT8R is right. A good tuner will help immensely. Fuel Moto knows Harley engines if you decide to go that route. I too added the Torque cam, a set of Cobra 909 slip ons with a modest FP3 tuner and my numbers are higher than yours and I still have stock headpipe. I'm happy with my power curve.

NGOT8R, Mojo, thank you for the advice.

I'm going to have it tuned on a Dyno first, probably with the Power Vision. Will see what the numbers look like.

Thanks again....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No problem brother. Let us know how things turn out for you. You might consider reaching out to Brock Davidson for tuning advice. He's one of the best out there. He is known for building and tuning some killer sport bikes, but he also tunes and designs parts for Harley Davidsons too. He is out of Ohio, but he might be able to make you a custom map and send it to you already installed in a Power Vision or whichever tuner he uses. I used to run his maps on my 08 GSXR-1000 drag bike. He offered free unlimited map support if the maps ever needed tweaking. He was very serious about safeguarding his tunes and had a database to track who had purchased his performance parts and knew who should and shouldn't be granted access to them. Ask any of the racers in STL about him. The guy knows his stuff.

Daren Sheffer at Sheffer performance put a stage II on my bike using cr570-II cams and he tuned it with power vision himself on the dyno I got 97 hp and 116 tq . He is one of the best !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller