Cooling Harley engine

You're using Mobil 1, but is it Mobil 1 full synthetic V Twin?if so, then I guess the component I hadn't considered is how hot it must be where you are

Yes sir, it's Mobil 1 full Synthetic V-Twin.....from first oil change and on I have always use Mobil 1 full Synthetic and nothing else....I truly believe in Mobil 1.....it's not as hot as it used to when my bike was bone stock but still gets pretty hot. I live in AZ and it gets pretty hot here, but it was only 80 degree days and my bike is already shutting down one cylinder so I am afraid when we get 100 and over...... :-(

BlkDragon- On my 2014 SGS I licked the heat problem by adding a dual ceramic coated Rush Header pipe.

Mojo, did those rush headers really help out a lot on heat? I have a 2015 SGS....How was performance and did the sound get a lot louder? Last question is were they easy to install?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mojo, did those rush headers really help out a lot on heat? I have a 2015 SGS....How was performance and did the sound get a lot louder? Last question is were they easy to install?

JM- I was completely surprised at just how well they worked. Remember these headers were ceramic coated BOTH INSIDE AND OUT. An added benefit, the pipe doesn't turn blue after heat age. I keep hearing my M8 won't have the heat issues the Twincam does. I'm a skeptic, if I need to, I'll add the ceramic headpipe again.

They did make the bike louder as any headpipe will do once the Cat is absent. They weren't hard to replace if you take your time and have some new clamps and exhaust donut gaskets available as needed.

Synthetic oils will reduce your engine temps a little bit but adding ceramic pipes too will make a significant difference.

Thanks for the reply.... there are several manufacturers doing the ceramic coating now. Would you go with Rush again?

Thanks for the reply.... there are several manufacturers doing the ceramic coating now. Would you go with Rush again?

They would definitely get first priority. The original reason I went with them is because most ceramic pipes I researched were only single coated.

I have the LeNale cooling fan in place of the horn. It works according to my PV2 and easy to install. Fan motor went bad after a year . I got a replacement fron Digikey.

Has anyone used CDA V-Twin Fans? I am not finding much info on it and their website is pretty much one page and to order one you have to email and Paypal invoice is sent to you. I want to see more picture/video's of it and not finding much. Price is good $184 shipped. I am going to email this seller and get more info on it.

fan1.jpg

I am glad I found this video clip before buying and wasting my money....hope this help others also.

When u posted that first pic of it I didn't think it would move much air, being only as big as the horn! Lol glad u found more info. Chris

I added an aftermarket oil cooler for my 2015 SGS. It's made by Ultracool and has 2 very powerful fans that kick on at 210 degrees or so and cool down the oil as it passes through a small radiator. There is also a small blue LED light that can be mounted on the fairing. It turns on to let you know when the fans are on. I'm in west Texas so I'm also thinking about other ways to help keep it "cooler" in the extreme heat. Just ordered some Rush headers (ceramic coating inside and out) and thinking about the Love Jugs. I have researched a bit and find them to be the strongest CFM rating and keeping the jugs cool. I think most people's gripes with the love jugs are the size. Not they have the mini fans though and I wonder how effective they are. Does anyone have them or seen them at work?

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

jm- I also had the Rush True Dual headers (ceramic coating inside and out) on my 2014 and they REALLY did can the heat issues. I was pleasantly surprised!

I think most people's gripes with the love jugs are the size. Now they have the mini fans though and I wonder how effective they are. Does anyone have them or seen them at work?

I have a set on order to compare to Wards fans.

Good deal! Let's us know how they compare.... are they back ordered?

Wow, here is the link where Wards & Love Jugs go at who is better......and according to Love Jugs Wards declined their $25k challenge test...interesting!

Can't wait for hulkss's results

LINK

Now I am a bit confused......Love Jugs was trying to compare their fans with Wards and saying Wards is using small fans and that'll never work and now they offer Mighty Mite which is very similar to what Wards is selling......hummmmm!!!! I think we as consumers are being sucked into their games, regardless I like to know which is the strongest fans. I hope to run into them in Laughlin...I bet they set their shops up next to each other....LOL!

Last edited:
I don't guess the comparison matters to me since Wards can't meet demand. When I am in the market for something "check back in 1/2 a year and I might have 1 for you" is not an answer that inspires me to wait with crossed fingers. Wanted one but I'm moving on.

Yeah I think Love Jugs did it for the aesthetics and option of a smaller fan that some prefer but made their mighty mite version stronger. Plus to throw it in the face that they have a patent and Wards doesn't. Also on their website they say the mighty mite is not as strong at pushing air as the cool master love jugs. I was looking for CFM rating on the fans but couldn't find it on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90