Crash bar fog lamps from my sporty to the new 2010SG?

Jordan1200

Nov 22, 2018
As the topic says, I want to install a set of fog lamps from my sportster onto the crashbar ov mu 2010 SG.
Will they work ok, I want to do it neatly and with as little wire cutting as possinmbe to the SG.
Thoughts and suggestions? See HD style dog lamps on the crashbar in picture.
Thanks everyone
10d76d7f9f79bc84bdd5d1066f770bab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Well there's easy ways and easier ways.

Short answer, these will work just fine.

I don't know the details of the 2010 street glide (mine have been 14+) but there is likely a switched hot inside the fairing. If not there's certainly one under the seat.

Harley sells switches for beside your ignition lock that are switched through the ignition and will then provide additional control. Alternatively, you can add any old weather proof switch clamped to your bars or elsewhere. Also the cigarette lighter is probably switched through the ignition so that could be a good power source, assuming it doesn't draw too much current.

If you can't find a switched source to use without overloading, you can also use that just for a relay coil and run the fog lights straight to the battery.

Good luck. The guys with actual useful information should be along shortly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You should pick up a manual for the bike and a lot of the information will be in it.

You should pick up a manual for the bike and a lot of the information will be in it.
Got one, first thing I bought.after the bike. I actually bought 2 the FSM and the Clymer. Like both for different reasons.
Would love to get the parts book too

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469