Custom Dynamics Plasma Rods and Stealth 3 License Plate

Blk13SG

Jan 19, 2014
Did away with Harley's design flaw of taillights and license plate bracket and added Custom Dynamics plasma rods and paul yaffe stealth 3 license plate bracket. The plasma rods function as run, brake, & turn and I've ran my 2013 street glide but today went to start it and it won't start but red key indicator light is on but all lights work as normal. Any help would be appreciated.
Even tried resetting the code but still nothing and I don't have an alarm system on the bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Key fob close by? Is the battery good and charged?

I really like the clean look of the factory blinkers deleted. Hummm, might be a next winter mod, i have to see how i like the stock setup for starters.

Key fob close by? Is the battery good and charged?

I really like the clean look of the factory blinkers deleted. Hummm, might be a next winter mod, i have to see how i like the stock setup for starters.

When I bought the bike in October of 2013 I had got only one key and there was no FOB and they said it had no security or abs. In having the no security on the bike would a fob still be required? Also I have Harley's float charger and it's been on there ever since I brought it home.

Last edited:
The fob is for alarm only so that's not it. But I think you still should have gotten 2 keys. I got 2 keys and 2 fobs

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sorry about that but yea when you hit the start button the bike does nothing at all doesn't crank doesn't click. Just shows the red key indicator and also made sure of that all wires were soldered and used heat shrink to prevent any shorts or open wires. Could it be a possibility that the module on the bike would need to be reflashed? That maybe the bike is sensing a lower amp draw to the led lights and thinks something's wrong?

Sorry about that but yea when you hit the start button the bike does nothing at all doesn't crank doesn't click. Just shows the red key indicator and also made sure of that all wires were soldered and used heat shrink to prevent any shorts or open wires. Could it be a possibility that the module on the bike would need to be reflashed? That maybe the bike is sensing a lower amp draw to the led lights and thinks something's wrong?

Yes, I had that issue on my 2010 and they had to place a load balancer on it-that was for kuryakyn lights though

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Harley/Lighting/Load-Equalizers

Well time to figure this one out custom dynamics said it wouldn't affect the running condition of the bike but that my flashers would flash at a rapid rate so still no luck now time to dig deep. If anyone still has any other suggestions or could help I really appreciate the help from everyone so far.

Well i know how to fix the rapid flashing, turn your hazzards on for 5 minutes, turn bike of and turn back and it should be fixed. Thats for the 2014 for sure.. Have you checked the fuzes?

Well i know how to fix the rapid flashing, turn your hazzards on for 5 minutes, turn bike of and turn back and it should be fixed. Thats for the 2014 for sure.. Have you checked the fuzes?

No didn't think to check the fuses yet will do later today and still need to get a load equalizer too for my front led turn signals so will see about that to. Thank you for your time 14 FLHX! Really appreciate the help your giving me.

No didn't think to check the fuses yet will do later today and still need to get a load equalizer too for my front led turn signals so will see about that to. Thank you for your time 14 FLHX! Really appreciate the help your giving me.

No problem man, that's why were here, to help, or at least i am.

Funny thing happened to me today. Old friend came over and we were looking at the bike of course and i went to fire it up , no go. All the lights were on kill switch on but nothing from the starter. I thought for a second, it was NOT IN NEUTRAL. Maybe your is as easy also.

Sent from my iPhone

Funny thing happened to me today. Old friend came over and we were looking at the bike of course and i went to fire it up , no go. All the lights were on kill switch on but nothing from the starter. I thought for a second, it was NOT IN NEUTRAL. Maybe your is as easy also.

Sent from my iPhone

Yesterday went out to the garage and inspected all of the fuses and they were all good so I figured what do I got to lose and with battery connected still I pulled the 40 amp main fuse even though I knew it wasn't blown and reinstalled it and of course it starts now. Yea my neutral light was on, but I still made sure it was fully engaged in neutral. So no clue as to what was going on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469