Dash panel aux switches.

09 Softail C

Jan 8, 2017
The panel on my dash have blanks where control switches could go, I don't have any aux switches installed. However, behind the panel there are two connectors with wires. If I add aux switches it would seem there would be connectors somewhere on the bike these swithes control. Anyone familiar with this set up? I would like to use one of these to control Love Jugs I am adding.

The panel on my dash have blanks where control switches could go, I don't have any aux switches installed. However, behind the panel there are two connectors with wires. If I add aux switches it would seem there would be connectors somewhere on the bike these swithes control. Anyone familiar with this set up? I would like to use one of these to control Love Jugs I am adding.

H-D has a kit that adds a set of 2 AUX switches to the right side panel. With it you get a harness that connects to the battery and to both the right side (connector 325B) and the left side (connector 4A) and give you two switched connections under the seat that you can use to control accessories like the Love Jugs. See H-D's online catalog for #71400129. You can view the install manual under "more info". The only PIA to this setup is that you have to remove a dummy pin in the 325B connector and insert the supplied pin that is connected to a fused battery connection - that supplies the switched 12V power for the accessories.

I have decided not to go the switch route but rather plug into the 8 pin accessory plug which is supposed to be under the seat. I'll de darned if I can find it?

under the left side cover

If you're referring to 4A, which is above the Diagnostic connector, you might have a problem, since that connector is unpowered. It DOES have a ground connection, but the other 3 connections go to the fairing AUX switch panel and dead end unless you install the AUX switch kit, and even that won't supply power until you add the extra pin to jack 325B and run it to the battery. The AUX harness then runs from 325B to the left side to connect to A4, which enables the included AUX1 & AUX2 switches. The harness has the two AUX ends (that are then powered by the switches) that end under the seat - one is 3 wires and the other has a deutsch connector.

I have decided not to go the switch route but rather plug into the 8 pin accessory plug which is supposed to be under the seat. I'll de darned if I can find it?

So much for accuracy. See post #5 - there is no 8-pin Accessory connector. H-D wants you to install the AUX switch kit that gives you 2 switched connectors under the seat. Sorry! The connector hulkss is referring to has no power until you add the AUX kit harness. Of course you can just go get an inline fuse and connect right to the battery, but then the fans would always be on unless you added a switch somewhere.

Late edit: I forgot that #69201599A will also give you ACC-on 12v and 12v-always on under the seat.

Last edited:
Hulkss and Furyone, thanks for your help. Over the weekend I did wire them to the battery with an inline fuse. The fans themselves do have switches. I don't want to leave it this way long term though, I am weighing my options but your information has been very helpful. I will have to look again but I don't remember there being unused connectors under the seat. I went to the dealer yesterday to return the first cable and I spoke with a mechanic who swears that connector under the left cover has power with the ign on. As soon as I have a chance I will check it. I did check it in the acc position.

If you check connector 325B (parked on the ABS unit on the right side, you'll probably find that it does have acc-on 12v, but it looks like H-D doesn't want that used, which is why they have you add an extra pin that goes directly to the battery through a 10A fuse when you add either of the harnesses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller