Dirt Air or Skully Air

irishanimal917

Mar 12, 2016
Looking to get opinions on both the Dirty or Skully Air? Who's got the better set up with less problems... And go....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a scully air system installed at the TLSR last November for 700 bucks and have been very happy with the performance of the system. pay the extra 80 bucks for the switch to be mounted on the handle bars as it makes it easy to adjust while riding.

I had a scully air system installed at the TLSR last November for 700 bucks and have been very happy with the performance of the system. pay the extra 80 bucks for the switch to be mounted on the handle bars as it makes it easy to adjust while riding.

Thank you very much for the reply, I was beginning to think no one had a air ride set up lol.

You might try the search feature in the upper right corner of your screen. There are several threads on here about air ride systems

I have dirty air rear and have had no issues in 5k miles. I went with the standard switch, drilled a hole in the stock switch blank and have the switch easily accessible

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I purchased the dirty air rear suspension but have not installed yet because a friend of mine installed on his bike and a few hundred miles later his drive belt went out, now he may not honor warranty, I am waiting to install now, has anyone ever heard of an issue? When riding at different height will tension on belt change hence causing pre-mature wear??

When riding at different height will tension on belt change hence causing pre-mature wear??

The radius of the swing arm travel (center of rear wheel axle to center of swing arm frame bolt) is shorter than the center of the radius of the drive belt travel (center of rear axle to center of drive sprocket at transmission) so the symmetries change.
As an example HD calls for a bagger with 13" shocks to have a belt deflection of 3/8"-9/16" at 10 lbs pressure but the HD specs for a Street Glide with 12" shocks are 1/4"-7/16" deflection at 10 lbs load

Last edited:
I bought and over the weekend installed the dirty air fast up kit. So far I really like the ride the air shocks have provided, it is way better than stock. I had my hesitations about it as many have had but rolled the dice and everyone who said it was better was right. As far as the belt goes, I never thought to take that into consideration. For me, an easy fix for that issue would be to hop into the bike, air it up to the psi you plan on riding around at and then have someone check the belt slack and make adjustments either up or down so that it both rides right and has the correct slack. I would also do it again with someone who rides with you 2 up that way you know what psi you need it sitting at both ways. But that's just my opinion.

I adjusted my belt tension based on my typical ride height - but i JUST did that. I rode 4,500 miles without adjusting my belt tension and had no issues

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I adjusted my belt tension based on my typical ride height - but i JUST did that. I rode 4,500 miles without adjusting my belt tension and had no issues

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Thanks, yes i contacted dirtyworjks and they stated to get my desired ride height and adjust belt tension per oem spec,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith