engine drain plug

baggertim

Feb 9, 2019
My 2009 has a oil leak looks like coming from the oil drain plug,by chance would anyone know the size of the plug oring?I have generic kits but cheap chinese brand and dont wish to experiment with them on my bike.:cool:

Not sure if your close to a dealer but they should have lots of those O-rings. You can order them pretty easy or take it into a parts house and they should have them. I probably have 5 or 6 of them in my tool box I haven't used. Not sure if the size has changed thru the years or they are the same size.

Thanks Tom,my local auto parts has the same kits I do,ordered a new plug with oring possibly a week out:(

I always use a bit of plumbers putty on the threads when I do a fluid change. You just have to remember to use a thread chaser each time after that.

Yes, I know that did not answer your question but I figured I’d throw that in the mix. I’m always paranoid about leaks.

Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks yegg,it took two dealers but picked a plug yesterday,changed oil tonight.Im also a little parinoid for leaks as we are going to tennessee in a week to ride so did not want to ruin that!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith