Exhaust (V&H) + FP3 tuner question for someone who has installed both

yonexdw

Dec 14, 2016
Just took delivery 2017 SG CVO interested in Vance & Hines Power Duals with Hi-Output full exhaust system. I understand I will get pushback on this but I want to use the FP3 tuner. I have used Thundermax systems in the past and I know other systems are preferable to the FP3 however, my question is: since V&H does not have and will not have a map for the 114 has anyone used this exact setup and used the existing map (Stock - Plus) and had 2 - 3 hours of autotune? If so, has your resuts been satisfactory? What if any changes would you suggest?
Thank you in advance!

Your best bet to reach out to V&H, they have good tech support and they will be glad to help you with mapping your bike to the closet map then you can do autotune.....I have heard that they even work with customers by monitoring their bikes from their end and adjust accordingly.......don't know how true that is though!

Good luck!

Yes thank you I have contacted them I was curious to obtain info from someone who has the exact same setup and what their end result was ie. after using the suggested map and autotune (V&H suggest 3 - 1 hour autotune downloads) if the end result was satisfactory with the suggested map only? Was the autotune needed? If after the autotune was it done with 3 - 1 hour riding sessions and what the final result was.
Thanks again in advance

I loved the FP3 when I had it...GREAT tuner and very user friendly....So I'm not going to tell you this won't work, but it's long shot....

I would call Jamie Long at Fuel Moto and talk to him about the Power Vision as well. I have talked to him and Bob Melling on several occasions BEFORE I bought my Power Vision for my 120ST. It's a fantastic touchscreen tuner that allows quite a bit more than the FP3.

EDIT:

V/H does have support for the 2017 model year bikes.... the map are in development.... at least that's what their site says.

When the FP3 released, very few maps were available, but they add to their database quite often as they dyno all the different setups. This takes time...so eventually, they will most likely have a map for you, just not as soon as you would like it.

http://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/V1-4-5.html

I bought a 2017 crushed ice pearl FLHXS last August - I bought the third one delivered to Sacramento Harley. I knew when I bought it that aftermarket head pipes were not available yet, but Vance & Hines had their Power Duals in development. I ordered them in early November and finally got them in mid-January. My last bike, a 2014 FLHXS, had a Pro Pipe and an FP3 and I was super happy with that combo and the performance it added. I put an FP3 on my 2017 M8, too, because I knew that V&H did their dyno testing on the new pipes using the same bike as mine. My map is from a bike identical to the one I bought. I am super happy about everything except that I cannot alter the rev limit - yet. The Dyno Vision and Power Commander V can because DynoJet has already figured out how to get around the MOCO's software. V&H is still working on it. As of right now (02/23/17), the FP3 cannot change the rev limit - and it is too low. I run up against it all the time in 1st and 2nd gear. They told me that within a month or two they will have a software update that will adresss the problem. I hope so. If I knew, it would have been a deal-breaker. I would have gone with a Dyno Vision.

Last edited:
malthouse-I installed the FP3 on my M8 and it allowed me to change the rev limit.

malthouse-I installed the FP3 on my M8 and it allowed me to change the rev limit.

Are you sure? I am able to change mine, too. I have it set to 6100 RPM, but the ECM still cuts it at 5700. The FP3 has the parameter, but the ECM won't take it - yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure? I am able to change mine, too. I have it set to 6100 RPM, but the ECM still cuts it at 5700. The FP3 has the parameter, but the ECM won't take it - yet.

Hmmmm . . . . I'll double check.

Hmmmm . . . . I'll double check.

I just reflashed my map and apparently V&H has made some software changes. I also moved my rev limit up to 6200 RPM and this time it took. But beyond that, this time (much more than before), the flash really woke the motor up. I mean, it was strong before, but they must've put their test bike back on the dyno and ran some new tests because it has never run this good. Ever. I'm still smiling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469