FP3 good for engine upgrade?

Spoke to the shop and he highly recommend Dynojet and gave me some reasons to why Dynojet and not others.

Bikes going in tomorrow and should be done in 2 weeks....
Why Dynojet and not others?
AND, is he using Powervision?

Why Dynojet and not others?
AND, is he using Powervision?

Yes, PowerVision is the one he recommended, he told me it doesn't leave trails like other tuners.......and rider can see display of the bike status/condition/etc.....similar to FP3 however it doesn't go through Bluetooth and has more functionalities.

I am going with 107 kit instead so I can use stock heads, as long as I get over 100HP I am good....that's my target and he told me no problem getting there with 107 kit/cams.....will get it back in 2-3 weeks, by then weather will be nice enough to take a trip to test the beast out.

I would like to do a 107 on mine, will that give a compression bump with stock heads?
I thought the Andrews 57H for a low to mid range cam, which one are you thinking about?
What exhaust are you using?

I would like to do a 107 on mine, will that give a compression bump with stock heads?
I thought the Andrews 57H for a low to mid range cam, which one are you thinking about?
What exhaust are you using?

Yes to compression bump with stock heads.

I don't have exact info but I will gather all that and share with you later when I drop my bike off tomorrow at the shop. So far I am running Freedom Performance 2 to 1 Turnout exhaust with Arlene Ness big sucker air intake and FP3.....

For 107 kit I think the shop told me 10.5 to 1 pistons and on the cam he'll wait for me to tell him what exactly I want so he can help me decide, then Dynojet PV to tune it and use. He told me I should not have any issue pulling 100HP out of the setup going in. I thought about doing the heads also, I will see tomorrow, if I decide I may just move up to 110 kit.

Will keep you posted!

Last edited:
Well, now I know for sure without a doubt that FP3 is only for Stage 1, may work with Cam swap but nothing else, they don't have any base maps for any big bore upgrade. They mainly depend on Autotune, which is not a good tuner as at least there should be a base map to start so Autotune can do the rest. For the money I spent on it, $100 more I could have Dynojet PV or TTS.....learned my lesson. Also they do not have a way to reset FP3 to factory default (not the bike, tuner itself) so it's pretty much a paper weight for me.

From what I found out on my performance upgrade that the shop is doing on my bike, it's Revolution Performance 107 kit, SE cam support plate with hi-volume oil pump, undecided on cam so far T777 or 585 or bigger, and Power Vision tuner, not doing the heads. Should be over 100HP and 110Tq. In the shop now, will get it back in 2-3 weeks.

Any suggestion on what size cam should I go with and why?

Thank you!

I love my 777 cams! They come on extremely hard from 3500 to the 6208 rev limiter. When I ran the 10.25:1 flat top pistons, my scoot made 106 rwhp and 109 rwtq. Now that I have switched to the 6cc domed 11.0:1 pistons, the hp/tq numbers are now even higher. I will also add that gas mileage is outstanding too.

Last edited:
I love my 777 cams! They come on extremely hard from 3500 to the 6208 rev limiter. When I ran the 10.25:1 flat top pistons, my scoot made 106 rwhp and 109 rwtq. Now that I have switched to the 6cc domed 11.0:1 pistons, the hp/tq numbers are now even higher. I will also add that gas mileage is outstanding too.

Thanks.....I heard 777 is a mild cam but not from what you stated so that's nice to know. I can't wait to feel my beast when I get it back, I am ready for some fun rides this winter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469