Front Rocker Cover Leaking. Again!

t8ness

Aug 25, 2015
I have a 2014 SG with almost 50k miles on it. For the second time, I’m noticing it’s leaking oil. The first time, pulled the cover off, re-torqued the bolts, and that seemed to fix the problem. Looked at it today, and sure enough, the same thing, albeit from the air cleaner side, in the front. Question, how long can you reuse the seals, I know they’re metal, wondering if I should replace it. Also second pic is of the air cleaner “casing?” Im sure there shouldn’t be caked up oil there? Thanks as always!
0147dbf264c58227dcb4a93d7512cf2e.jpg

30801642a41485daf4442f932c63bb91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question, how long can you reuse the seals, I know they’re metal, wondering if I should replace it.

The rocker gaskets are good for one time use. After torqueing they are deformed and should not be reused.

Front Rocker Cover Leaking. Again!

The rocker gaskets are good for one time use. After torqueing they are deformed and should not be reused.

Thanks. I’ll head over to local dealer and buy 2. The same happened to the rear years ago, but hasn’t leaked since. Any idea about the caked up oil around air cleaner?

Thanks. I’ll head over to local dealer and buy 2. The same happened to the rear years ago, but hasn’t leaked since. Any idea about the caked up oil around air cleaner?

Probably leaking around the breather bolts where the air cleaner backing plate bolts to the heads.

Thanks. I picked up new gaskets. I’ll pull it al apart, retorque and clean it all up. Hopefully that fixes it up.

Thanks Again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith