Garage Flooring Question

14POSE

Apr 3, 2015
Ok our new house was built about a year ago. I want to make a "Harley Themed" garage. I got a quote today from Gorilla Garage and I about crapped. Its 20X22 so about 440 sqft. I am stuck between the snap tiles and or staining the floor. I want to be able to roll the bike jack and use it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I epoxied my last garage. Not a job for the faint of heart. You have limited time to work the product before it starts to set. Does not forgive mistakes.
This garage I used water based epoxy. Pretty easy to work, much more time and a lot cheaper. Tough as nails.
If you are not a DIYer this is not the product to start on. Professional installation is just to expensive to me. Rolling jacks or anything else is not an issue.

anything with tiling will set you back a grip of coin.... but sooooo worth it. Im saving for my 3 car...

Here is an example... and I will also tell you that a buddy of mine wished he got the vented tiles over solid since fluids puddle up and make it slick....

classic-indian-motorcycle.jpg

www.racedeck.com

Anything with grooves, ridges, holes is gonna be a PITA to sweep. I reckon you'll have to vacuum it. Unless, of course, you don't have a sand problem, like I do. Personally I will stick with concrete. Not pretty, but it is very practical. If you stay with concrete you'll have more money for beer signs.

Anything with grooves, ridges, holes is gonna be a PITA to sweep. I reckon you'll have to vacuum it. Unless, of course, you don't have a sand problem, like I do. Personally I will stick with concrete. Not pretty, but it is very practical. If you stay with concrete you'll have more money for beer signs.

Lol or beer and Harley Parts

Bones... I agree with the sweeping being a PITA for a free flow vented panel.... however... if you live in the snow country ( I do ), you don't have puddles of gooped up slush ... they drain for you. hose it out and your done ( in the spring....lol)

My son bought a new house and put a multicolor epoxy floor in.. Beautiful! Had the builder do it for $1500. Some day....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bones... I agree with the sweeping being a PITA for a free flow vented panel.... however... if you live in the snow country ( I do ), you don't have puddles of gooped up slush ... they drain for you. hose it out and your done ( in the spring....lol)

Minnesota is big time snow country also so any garage floor coating or covering over concrete can be dangerous in an unheated garage as the surface can become very slippery from accumulated snow and ice as well as salt substance that is applied to roadways.
Generally speaking folks in my neck of the woods stay with the good old grip of raw concrete. Not the most attractive but always in style and reasonably priced.

I've done a few garage floors with epoxy paint, always used the UCoatit.com paint, comes complete with everything except the acid which is used to etch the concrete. I love the look, every easy to keep clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally speaking folks in my neck of the woods stay with the good old grip of raw concrete. Not the most attractive but always in style and reasonably priced.

+1....Stained brushed concrete. It's cheap, looks good and maintenance free.

You can put a grid on the floor with 1/2" masking tape, then paint the floor with a roller, let the paint dry, peel up the tape and your floor looks like a tile floor. Add a little grit to the paint for a non skid surface.

One word of caution. I know of a woman who put down kitchen vinyl in her garage. She drove in with hot tires and could not stop. Went right into her washing machine.

I bought racedeck many years ago and have installed it (and reinstalled it) in homes in super-hot States and flipping cold states. It provides better traction than the concrete floor and has performed well in a variety of climates.
Several people have mentioned very good flooring options. We went with racedeck because we move often and wanted to take the investment with us.

I'm not known to do things the cheap way. There was a local company who uses material from "Amazing Garage Floors". This is the final result. $1283.00 and a 15 year warranty. I know....some of you may not want to invest that, but the final results always get compliments from visitors. I love walking on the floor barefoot, and it's not slippery when wet.

TtfvARzlFWnpreKZl3r9eUjSMQ6rRcPtsij_5huAh44Q7KSLRBgdZbVP5fcT2E_0fJzzTtmzd0PwxJVIvF0RrUlx8Xa1x3-k3WMRjD2Z4QuFS8aQLCFjfCasVkGvXjCAdrL-ucxgvIfeOz1HwgNfny5CmJBbjGwXqQWF5wZ9WhOPVsFemAugrqEEoBT7XPwRhlPS_C9RcuzFb39wWME6HZ13cKql0hUY8pZdjRXIyfY9lTFLibLIn1van0dQWWEMrhYBThpEl1x5yTBBA-WNeHeTX6oDrNuJJlFbt6yiys2FXwIqXeiZ8alNpwJXGT4OyxDEQEWDQtpgnFbaStnQrtEitFDsFuuWpSF5rEcGm9i17pCF3eOtnxUA0JxaplHJugjgKRoAEJMeXnDKa18JFx9ZkDVCIw9Ru6NRCFlaa4F8mlrQ1P5GM_Z4bLhN9qFxwa4ftVA1uvVVqdk0X4EDupq2_ta5TlK6DCO-26HNuMvFTpuEFqi2eSQJxPdUAf4lASRKolpWTdeOJDyeGWWNmISWTHcddQhwiQGBD7Guiv2szWbah3LArcLf48FryNYZ7U74GTYo_toLmJK62VMM2SXUGLFFuEj46Pb4QEWrczXZfdo=w1304-h978-no

phojzsx9yE3IKbn4I4v_qLVj4rBNLiztj2pePXQMhpkPUXzumKsgyKl8ULjsVz7sC8j-ihrBjnsAkmaj3jcNydJDErjlGWHedSSKxNoz2L0jo33yHsLSbUzXpeXfgrFmPrklASZdDRtzplHp_2bB6X2upagTkn4cchU-6W605xPp2b-d7UvbV9G9ot5WvMg8juz1-C7lJn1nTk78eDoUDCGg-n4VvH4bVs24q-SssEeO5M-CrpuGeEo9_jql9od5oe0t6p8G5TOUXFh0xTTbKbRxg3242X94fRkH027-EO7AfFR6AzzSnx31HoQkITOzldDsqxYbcFgvXGaCn7bIEGc2LW0mwiTF9Swfp56-7QzcVh7d6SqCQvFxMwk256xvNl9Cb4h6ghBIJe3tSuV1QzQ3cgiNz_oJORYRoHu0j904gWOAG-O4aIxhpJTHv8Arp7KSusex4URnMq6ID-oohERE-i-X5Dl4U71Pn8eO7YlKobfifd6X3YSq4ng7b0lHfDKrpizAQH_4o2Jbu4VF3GFW7WpGcSfVNPIMR1USsvDyohCqI3gbfomRrZbLnSml6-aLe5aYu4FIivnrR72CuvJDdbthZFNJ0tCklxVM3YIBqx0=w1304-h978-no

Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread! 14POSE, what did you end up doing to your garage floor? I would love to see pics of how your HD themed garage turned out if you've had a chance to finish it. I will be going down this road myself as soon as the build job on our new house is complete. I was thinking of going with the standard gray base coat with white, black and gray flakes in the 2 car bay and just the standard gray base in the 3rd bay, with two coats of clear on the entire garage. My reason for not wanting flakes in the 3rd bay is, it would allow me to locate screws and washers much more easily if I should happen to drop something. As far as the walls go, I plan to paint the side wall in the 3rd bay satin black, the rear wall in the 3rd bay HD satin orange and the remaining two walls in the 2 car bay a light satin gray. The baseboards throughout the entire garage will be satin black as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TokyoPortrait